• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New phone time - Blackberry vs Iphone"

Collapse

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Surely there's only one "contractor" phone. BBC News - Vertu chooses Android over Windows for luxury handset

It is Android though.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Why are you forced to use iTunes?.
    This is true, I've got an iPhone and cant remember the last time I used iTunes. Its all designed to be used without any PC involvement these days.

If I were in the market for a phone now, I'd be looking WP8 I reckon.

Leave a comment:

• formant
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    Sonos is on android also. I have one at home and works a treat with my android phone. I was thinking of going down the windows route but if the sonos ap is not available then that's the end of that phone!
    Yes, which is why I bought a Nexus 7 tablet.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
    One guess what your phone is.....
    I changed from Android to iPhone so I'm not speaking from a fanboi perspective

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by formant View Post
    I sort of second this.

Used a BB 9900 as main phone till very recently (generally very happy with it), now it's just the work phone. Adopted my mother's old iPhone 4 for personal use because I can use it to control my Sonos sound system at home.

Once my contract is up for renewal in October, I'll go with whatever's the best android then.
    Sonos is on android also. I have one at home and works a treat with my android phone. I was thinking of going down the windows route but if the sonos ap is not available then that's the end of that phone!

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    I would say it really depends on what you want out of a phone, do you want it to be simple and straightforward or customizable etc,

Also other factors such as battery life and screen size may also come into it, I have neither an iPhone or an Android phone but can see the good and bad in both. I myself am a Windows Phone user and it does what I need it to do I'm not really interested in apps as I have my N7 for that

Like I said all personal preference and also what you'll really use it for

Leave a comment:

• formant
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    BB is my main phone (9900 keypad/touch) - love it for emailing, texting, whatsapp, anything which requires you to type!

iPhone as an additional phone - Apps, Camera, Video, navigator, maps, Sky Sports (£5/month)

I am not biased to my own choices, I'd say an S3 is way better than an iPhone......
    I sort of second this.

Used a BB 9900 as main phone till very recently (generally very happy with it), now it's just the work phone. Adopted my mother's old iPhone 4 for personal use because I can use it to control my Sonos sound system at home.

Once my contract is up for renewal in October, I'll go with whatever's the best android then.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    BB is my main phone (9900 keypad/touch) - love it for emailing, texting, whatsapp, anything which requires you to type!

iPhone as an additional phone - Apps, Camera, Video, navigator, maps, Sky Sports (£5/month)

I am not biased to my own choices, I'd say an S3 is way better than an iPhone......

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Fanboi
    It's enough to make me ditch the iPhone

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    I consider android to be a poor mans Iphone, I don't know why!
    Fanboi

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Another vote for S3 here.

iPhone is a complete nightmare, especially with ITunes 11. Being forced to use iTunes is archaic and an unnecessary proprietary overhead that we could all happily live without.
    Why would you use anything other than iTunes?!

Its a bit fiddly to set up, but this time is well spent, I have my iTunes (both MP3 and AAC's) Synced across multiple computers, and when I switched from iOS to Andriod and back again everything was seemless

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Why are you forced to use iTunes? I'm able to download music directly onto my iPad through Amazon and play with their app, which can also access the iTunes library on the device.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Another vote for S3 here.

iPhone is a complete nightmare, especially with ITunes 11. Being forced to use iTunes is archaic and an unnecessary proprietary overhead that we could all happily live without.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    S3 until BB10 has been bedded in a bit and you can make a more informed choice. Anything less than BB10 is troublesome especially with a touchscreen. iPhone, just say no.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Got a cracking deal for my current Blackberry - a curve on around 15 a month, does all I need from a phone.

Iphone 4 now a very tempting 20 a month - however, I am worried about porting all the contacts over and losing the keypad.

The Z10 looks like another contender though - is this close to the iphone?

Kind of thinking I should get the iphone, but will miss the blackberry too much.

Anyone moved from bb to iphone?

Decisions of life......
    iPhone for personal, Blackberry from LtdCo, what kinda contractor are you.......... oh

Leave a comment:

Working...
X