• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Decisions, decisions"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Why do you need to get paid within 5 days?
    Small Dutch agencies and the creditworthiness thereof.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Why do you need to get paid within 5 days?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Kryten View Post
    Couple of things that I have found in my experience :

1) going back never works. Never go back. I got called back to my last gig (having been project hero) and have just ****ed it right off. Working for a different manager mind, total and utter cockknobber. Onwards and upwards.

2) contracting through more than intermediary is a royal pain and very stressful.

Frankly this sounds tulipty Norrahe.

Well you did ask.

Good luck with finding a more perfect role in cloggers.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Norrahe clearly doesn't. Met her once, seemed nice enough. Didn't have her down as the haughty self important type. Pity.
    She's just playing hard to get.

Leave a comment:

• Kryten
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Cos everyone loves suity!
    Norrahe clearly doesn't. Met her once, seemed nice enough. Didn't have her down as the haughty self important type. Pity.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Unless you routinely F up your contracts, I would ignore SY01's advice.

If you can get a notice clause and are not forced into renting accommodation for a long term, why not - especially if you're currently benched?

As for payment, can't the agency be leaned on somewhat as they are doing F all to win the work? If not, doesn't seem a big problem as long as you trust you will GET paid.
    He's on my ignore list, so thankfully I don't have to see any of his posts.

I'm going to have a think about it, not benched yet.

Don't have to worry about accommodation as I live in cloggers and its a 20 mins commute door to door. Not to mention its 5 mins walk from my Dutch language place.

I was thinking of going back to the agency and basically telling them, that I will invoice and that they pay me within 5 days or I won't consider it. If the third party doesn't pay them on time then that's their problem. I'll also want a rate rise as I know the rate they negotiated was lower than the rate card at the clientco.

I'll wait for the person I used to work with to come back to me and see what they say.

Leave a comment:

• Kryten
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    No one else was on the short list. I just didn't believe he would do such a tulip job in changing his name without giving it away.

I mean most people guessed who he was by the end of Kryten's first post. Even for a sockie that would be a record, for a person trying to replace their main account its just embarrassing.
    Errrr, I'm not embarrassed, nor have I admitted anything. I am perfectly able to move on from this. You are out of your tiny mind and have nothing better to do on a Thursday evening than spout this bollocks on here. Sad little man.

Pry continue, your cretinary amuses

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    So who else was on your shortlist?
    No one else was on the short list. I just didn't believe he would do such a tulip job in changing his name without giving it away.

I mean most people guessed who he was by the end of Kryten's first post. Even for a sockie that would be a record, for a person trying to replace their main account its just embarrassing.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Oh Suity, suity, suity. I (granted it was probably just me as no one else was fooled) almost believed that Kryten wasn't Suity under a new name. Then you gave the game away.
    So who else was on your shortlist?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    just tell the Agent you want 15% more to factor the money or they can do it for free but you want to be paid weekly / monthly.

You get paid regardless of when they get paid.

Leave a comment:

• Kryten
    replied

If you can get a notice clause and are not forced into renting accommodation for a long term, why not - especially if you're currently benched?

As for payment, can't the agency be leaned on somewhat as they are doing F all to win the work? If not, doesn't seem a big problem as long as you trust you will GET paid.
    Ha, so you do agree!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kryten
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Believe what you want. Ffs I've had it really. Suity, kryten, just another forum poster. It's not important. Why are you so obsessed with Suity?

And why do I get tulipty pms from certain posters ordering me to go back to posting as Suity? (Not that this is an admission in any kind of way, just saying)

Seriously, why?

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied
    Believe what you want. Ffs I've had it really. Suity, kryten, just another forum poster. It's not important. Why are you so obsessed with Suity?

And why do I get tulipty pms from certain posters ordering me to go back to posting as Suity? (Not that this is an admission in any kind of way, just saying)

Seriously, why?
    Since you ask, It's because it's almost impossible to imagine Kryten in diapers...hth

Leave a comment:

Working...
X