• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: gutted......

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "gutted......"

Collapse

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    To the OP. Real contractors always get the gig. You're a failure. A loser. A waste of space.

Have you tried the gas oven?
    Quite right, losers always whine about 'their best', winners go home and **** the prom queen !

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Get a skill that's in high demand and short supply. Then you have to fend them off with a tulipty stick.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Who cares? The real reason could be absolutely anything from the other guy simply being a genius to you looking like the girl's ex husband.

I once went for a perm job and the first interview with the MD and their head programmer went well, second intereview with them again and the CTO seemed to go well but they CTO did not like me. He said that I was not technically strong enough. They other two argued. Eventually he agreed to set an exam for me to do which I went there again and did (I really want this position as it was about a 10 minute walk from my house) and I nailed all the questions apart from a 'what's wrong with this code' question. It was real code from their system, their head programmer was not sure of the answer either. To be fair the CTO's answer was dependant on the compiler settings.

Same scenario they both wanted me but he said no. I got a call a few weeks later to ask if I was still free and interested, I was interested so they had another meeting to convince him - he still said no.

Not sure what I did but he was really against me. Shame, I would have liked that one.

Leave a comment:

• No2politics
    replied
    gutted......

Originally posted by churkus View Post
    went for an interview, seemed to go well, ended with "well thanks we have your contact details and will be in touch..........."

hour later agent rings, oh good think I, celebration time this evening, pick up the phone, agent says got some feedback but unfortunately theyve decided to go with the other candidate. He said main reason was I seemed "reserved", which is a load as I seemed to be interviewing them, and they seemed "reserved". must give props to the agent tho for calling me with feedback.

I guess one of the interviewers just didnt like me from the get go, or didnt get her minge seen to last night/this morning (she could have just asked).

first time ive not got the gig in years, sure knocks the wind of you a little.

feel free to share your stories of being sh@t on.

rant over
    Sometime you've just got to hold your hands up and say you weren't good enough. So I'm told anyway....

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Sounds like you blew it

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    went for an interview, seemed to go well, ended with "well thanks we have your contact details and will be in touch..........."

hour later agent rings, oh good think I, celebration time this evening, pick up the phone, agent says got some feedback but unfortunately theyve decided to go with the other candidate. He said main reason was I seemed "reserved", which is a load as I seemed to be interviewing them, and they seemed "reserved". must give props to the agent tho for calling me with feedback.

I guess one of the interviewers just didnt like me from the get go, or didnt get her minge seen to last night/this morning (she could have just asked).

first time ive not got the gig in years, sure knocks the wind of you a little.

feel free to share your stories of being sh@t on.

rant over
    I rely on being badly interviewed. It's the only way a BS'er like me gets their foot in the door. I only have a hit rate of 1 in 4 but that's all I need. Forget about it and move on.

Leave a comment:

• socialworker
    replied
    I can't imagine why she didn't want to work with you since you clearly have such a great attitude to women.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I think someone needs a large packet of growsome.. That isn't being tulip on, that's the experience from nearly everyone that doesn't get a gig. Fawning lickspittle bedwetter....
    Your problem is you prattle on too much (Gentile anyone) why say 28 words, when one picture wil do

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I would be happy to accept any pointers and advice from my esteemed colleagues though... Inbox is full so just put it in the text box of +ve rep.. Ta...

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    Agent phoned me once to say I didn't get the gig (the only ONE TIME i've ever had "feedback")

It was because one of the interviewers stormed out on me (he spotted me rolling my eyes to one of his questions), and they [the client] want to make sure I knew "what a nice chap I was, however I was unsuccessful on this occasion"

Forget about it. They probably didn't like you because you didn't have the right hair cut or something as stupid, but didn't want their excuse to sound lame.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You'll need to do better than that to win this years award
    I thought that was a pretty good attempt...

I would be happy to accept any pointers and advice from my esteemed colleagues though... Inbox is full so just put it in the text box of +ve rep.. Ta...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    To the OP. Real contractors always get the gig. You're a failure. A loser. A waste of space.

Have you tried the gas oven?

Leave a comment:

• churkus
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    sometimes the best candidate doesn't get the job because the interviewer is scared. Next time don't try to be perfect.
    you make a good point there, rings true with me. thanks.

anyway, off to bed........tomorrow is a new dawn

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    You seem to have mixed your insults up there. For reasons unknown I'm Fawning lickspittle (wait to I'm a Mod MF) and Suity is the bedwetter.
    Oh Suity is the bedwetter for sure as says Urban Dictionary!!!

Urban Dictionary: bedwetter

6. bedwetter 5 up, 4 down
    The name applied to a poster on an internet forum who gets upset by other posters and throws their toys out their pram, asking for posters to apologise, be banned, sending personal messages and on the whole pissing their pants and bed.
    1) Suityou01 is a bedwetter
    2) You bedwetter
    3) This posters licks the chutney spoon and wets the bed.
    4) This bedwetter is a benger

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    har ferkin har
    sometimes the best candidate doesn't get the job because the interviewer is scared. Next time don't try to be perfect.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X