• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: LHR

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "LHR"

Collapse

• Robinho
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    Can it frig! Each time I've used it the journey has taken over the 30 mins they quote and today, because there was a little bit of snow kicking about, every train through Gatwick was very delayed. They put on an extra train (that nobody other than a handful of passengers used) that took over an hour to get from Gatwick, stopping twice on the way. The gatwick express should be done under some kind of advertising breach as its the least express type train I have ever used.
    I get it every day and it's usually ok.

Point is the Heathrow Express takes 20? anyway so it's not much difference really, and Victoria is a better station than Paddington.

Also you can get the Thameslink for the City, takes about an hour, but right into the City.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    The Gatwick express can get you in quick enough.
    Can it frig! Each time I've used it the journey has taken over the 30 mins they quote and today, because there was a little bit of snow kicking about, every train through Gatwick was very delayed. They put on an extra train (that nobody other than a handful of passengers used) that took over an hour to get from Gatwick, stopping twice on the way. The gatwick express should be done under some kind of advertising breach as its the least express type train I have ever used.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Grrrrrrr.
    Note the lack of denial. However the usual approach is to wait for the last train to depart and then allow them off the plane.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Is he still on the plane?
    Grrrrrrr.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Is he still on the plane?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Maybe he'll get het up and the crew will taser him.
    They would not want to carry him...

A simple gag would do.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It sounds awful. Imagine having a passenger/customer like MF to deal with. Maybe he'll get het up and the crew will taser him.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Probably. Aren't they supposed to disembark you after landing? Two hours is taking the piss.
    Speaking of which, are you allowed to use the bogs while the plane is stood standing?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    It can't move coz some muppet has left their phone on which is interfering with the equipment.

Leave a comment:

• Robinho
    replied
    Serves you right for sitting in Economy.

You could have been milking the champers in first right now.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    the ground crews have used a lot of de icer on a number of gates

Are they the new generation flying gates to need deicer??!?!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Oh FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Captain has informed the passengers the reason we cannot disembark is because the ground crews have used a lot of de icer on a number of gates and because it hasn't snowed the deicer hasn't dissipated thus making the gates dangerous to disembark from.

You couldn't make it up.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Having taken two hours to get to a gate we've just taxied away from it as it wasnt actually ready and the captain is having to look elsewhere.

The captain has just informed us that Heathrow is now closed and no more planes are landing here which in theory should make it easier to get a gate.

It's not snowing but yet they've closed Heathrow Terminal 5. Jesus.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    If taxing is the process of the plane moving on the ground then no, I'm using it while in the process of sitting on a plane that isn't moving and hasn't moved for some ******* time.
    I just hope you are using seat belt, for your own sake.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X