• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone Ever been on a Singles Holiday?"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I can't find the site but on t'radio a while ago they were laughing at a site where a wealthy lonely benefactor could pay to take an attractive poor person on holiday with them...
    You mean I can get a free holiday?

Leave a comment:

• alanscoachdriver
    replied
    Anyone Ever been on a Singles Holiday?

If you like cycling or trekking look at Exodus or similar.

Done a few cycling trips with them on my own and very enjoyable. They even have some trips just for solo departures.

The Sri Lanka trip was the last one I did and highly recommended.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I can't find the site but on t'radio a while ago they were laughing at a site where a wealthy lonely benefactor could pay to take an attractive poor person on holiday with them...

Leave a comment:

• Kelstar
    replied
    Girl I work with (32) is just back from a singles ski holiday. She had a brilliant time and says she goes all the time. Positives seem to be she chooses where and when to go without compromise, has company but free to retreat to her room for peace and chilling out. Made it sound like a great option!

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

My sister met her husband on a camping safari in Africa.
    Well he thought it was on a camping safari in Africa - said she had the backside of a rhino

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    There's lots of companies that do holidays for the solo traveller. Unless your sole purpose is to get laid, it's probably a better bet than 18-30 type holidays, as you'll have a great holiday and meet like minded people.

I've been on a few trips with The Adventure Company | Adventure Holidays and Adventure Tours - although I've done their family holidays.

I think Kuoni do them too. My sister met her husband on a camping safari in Africa.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Go to Sharm and do your PADI as you'll;

A) Get sunshine
    B) Be on a course and so will meet people
    c) Be in an area with plenty of nightlife
    D) Love it.
    WHS.
    I'm in Sharm at the moment (see my other thread). Come down and join me, but you better get a move on as I'm going home on Wednesday..
    450 quid for a single person flight + 4-star hotel in Sharm (for 7 days), departing Gatwick on Sunday morning with co-operative travel: Cheap Holidays, Last Minute & Package Deals - Co-operative Travel

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
    I am in a similar position, had a look at the websites for these things and they all seem to be for older people. I am 28 and all my friends are settling down, but i still prefer the single life. So it is hard
    Yes, in that situation it would be hard
    Last edited by KentPhilip; 18 January 2013, 12:30.

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Swimtrek - SwimTrek | Swimming Adventure Holidays
    Sailing: Home - Singles Sailing Holidays
    Cycling: Cycling Holidays for Singles | Solo Cycling Holidays - Headwater
    Safari: Singles Travel Africa | Group Tours Singles | Africa Safari for Single Travellers

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

A) Get sunshine
    D) Love it.
    This. If you're away for 4 weeks, you could get loads of courses done.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    there are loads

whats your budget

furthest distance (flight hours) prepared to travel

and what are the sports you dont like

non sport considerations: safari, cruise, country guided tours, spa, new skill?

have a look at last minute.com for a steer, secret escapes for cheapy deals
    Budget up to 2K, Flights not too long 5 or 6 hours, like all sports (just prefer ones I'm good at!) - I'm 36 and athletic so anything goes really...

Just looking for somewhere where they make an effort to do things in groups and pull you together through meals and drink in the evening, rather than just turn up at a resort and hope for the best...

May consider snow boarding actually - could get a last minute lesson booked at Chill FactorE in Manchester and see how I go... Was good at skateboarding as a teenager so hopefully should pick it up OK...

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    I did 18-30 when I was younger and it was basically 24/7 drinking with everyone talking about sex but few people actually having it.
    Everyone was always too drunk and the girls in the party knew that every guy there had the assumption that they were nymphos who would do anyone and seemed to keep most guys at arms length.

What you see on TV is not really a good representation of what happens - also do not give the police any lip. They do not like 18-30 holiday trouble makers and are not as restrained as the police here!

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    there are loads

whats your budget

furthest distance (flight hours) prepared to travel

and what are the sports you dont like

non sport considerations: safari, cruise, country guided tours, spa, new skill?

have a look at last minute.com for a steer, secret escapes for cheapy deals

Leave a comment:

• Ketchup
    replied
    I am in a similar position, had a look at the websites for these things and they all seem to be for older people. I am 28 and all my friends are settling down, but i still prefer the single life. So it is hard to get a summer holiday as most people tend to go as couples. I have the odd golf weekend and annual trip to monaco for the GP, but i want a longer break.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied

A) Get sunshine
    D) Love it.

Leave a comment:

• socialworker
    replied
    If you like boats have a look at classic-sailing.co.uk. Exciting trips on tall ships etc. Not if you get sea sick though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X