• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone been arrested for using a Montpelier scheme?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    He's being ironic so the airport not the company.
    Then well done Wilmslow for a very assuming post.

I wonder when the next one will be?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The airport or the company?
    He's being ironic so the airport not the company.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
    I may well be going to Montpellier on Friday.

Lets hope I am okay.....
    The airport or the company?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Keep us posted Wilmsy, if need be we'll organise rota to bring you cigarettes...
    Don't prisons have internet access these days? Wilmsy might be posting 24/7.....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post

Lets hope I am okay.....
    Keep us posted Wilmsy, if need be we'll organise rota to bring you cigarettes...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    I think a more pertinent question is 'has anyone sought to seek compensation from a scheme provider yet?'

High Court FOS ruling for UCIS compensation | Rebus Investment Solutions Latest News

IR have always had the ability to investigate and prosecute for tax crimes. The only new powers they have are powers of arrest and surveillance. However, this is not them adopting CE powers, this fell out of formation of HMRC. They've got powers from PACE and RIPA etc.
    Incognito certainly has the power of Acronym!

Leave a comment:

• Gruffalo
    replied
    Taxman to grill Montpelier clients :: Contractor UK

"a legal representative reportedly estimated 200 interviews under caution would be held this month."

Lets hope I am okay.....

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    I think a more pertinent question is 'has anyone sought to seek compensation from a scheme provider yet?'

High Court FOS ruling for UCIS compensation | Rebus Investment Solutions Latest News

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    The IR are going down the bully and intimidate route big-time, aren't they?

I've used the IR term as people need to be aware that the pen-pushing, bureaucratic Inland Revenue arm has appropriated the powers of the land from the Customs and Excise guys who know how to use it properly.

Unlike the CE, the IR do not treat the law with respect.
    IR have always had the ability to investigate and prosecute for tax crimes. The only new powers they have are powers of arrest and surveillance. However, this is not them adopting CE powers, this fell out of formation of HMRC. They've got powers from PACE and RIPA etc.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

"a legal representative reportedly estimated 200 interviews under caution would be held this month."

The IR are going down the bully and intimidate route big-time, aren't they?

I've used the IR term as people need to be aware that the pen-pushing, bureaucratic Inland Revenue arm has appropriated the powers of the land from the Customs and Excise guys who know how to use it properly.

Unlike the CE, the IR do not treat the law with respect.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    started a topic Anyone been arrested for using a Montpelier scheme?

Anyone been arrested for using a Montpelier scheme?

Working...
X