• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Not sure if I can go swimming again"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    Stupid cow, does a baby in nappys need to have swimming lessons?
    Considering they spend 9 months "swimming" in amniotic fluid it's no wonder my son loved it when i took hom swimming from an early age

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    My friend is not stupid. Nor is she a cow. 0/2

The pools promote "Duckling" swimming classes for babies of 6 months, so they must expect the odd accident. As BP said, they have a natural ability at that age. A (different) friend got a great 'Nirvana' underwater shot of his baby who looked happy and relaxed to be half drowned for the photo op.

Underwater photography of your baby | Water Babies

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    I reckon so. They love it.

In fact they have natural swimming ability that they lose after a few months.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Indeed, friend's baby had "an explosion" in the pool that was not contained by swim nappy and they had to get the whole swimming class out. She was mortified.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Indeed, friend's baby had "an explosion" in the pool that was not contained by swim nappy and they had to get the whole swimming class out. She was mortified.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Did you ever see that TV show called "Unbreakable"?
    no but saw the film, Bruce Willis was rubbish.

Its vile, my youngest's swimming lessons have been cancelled 3 times because the preceding class laid a log in the pool 3 times!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I had to google it - Unbreakable (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

looks good fun.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Just got back from swimming, I wondered why the toddler pool was so warm.

Wouldn't it be sort of like homeopathic wee? I mean half a pint in an Olympic size pool equates to about 1 part in 8 million, obviously we don't know how many 'parts' there are but I wouldn't worry.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I am still amazed at how little coverage the ultra triathletes get.

But then they get more coverage than the UKs most popular sport - fishing....

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied

Throughout the summer channel 4 between 6-8am IM was on most weekends, arch to arc was on last week, IM is still re-running on the active channel and eurosport this weekend has replayed most of the olympics ..... must I do all the legwork Mr Pad

The adventure series is usually on in Q1 .....

Reason they dont show it is because we are usually fat middle aged men, ignored by their wives who cant quite afford a harley but end up spending twice as much on gels and lube

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    That's like a fat middle aged nerd who hobbles to finish the Great North Run criticising Bolt for not being a proper runner

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    If he actually swam any sort of distance then fine. but he doesn't go far. Back in the good old days when I swam my iron man <following sentence removed in case the reader should slit their throat with boredom>
    That's like a fat middle aged nerd who hobbles to finish the Great North Run criticising Bolt for not being a proper runner

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    This is filthy.
    Next they'll be saying it's OK to jizz in the pool
    Wilmslow's friend seemed to think its okay.

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    Brillo - do you think that lake water is filtered or something (ha, it is through mother nature) .... and how do you warm yourself up in your wetsuit .....

have you gone soft or just forgotten
    I have heard that lake water gets filtered by rats - they take in dirty water and wee out sterile stuff.

How dare you call me soft! I can repair my own punctures you know! Actually maybe you have a point...

How do you warm yourself up in your wetsuit? Think carefully before you answer - a few of the guys lurking here like to think about sexy chicks peeing in wetsuits. And I am still waiting for you to tell me about convent school discipline.

Actually maybe I should be careful what I say. I guess you are going to midnightman next year and will get your revenge?

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Brillo - do you think that lake water is filtered or something (ha, it is through mother nature) .... and how do you warm yourself up in your wetsuit .....

have you gone soft or just forgotten

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    This is filthy.
    Next they'll be saying it's OK to jizz in the pool

Leave a comment:

Working...
X