• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Christmas plans!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Christmas plans!"

Collapse

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    WOuld love to get away, but the bastards at the tribunal have scheduled a client's hearing on the 28th!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Family round to ours for Xmas dinner and hopefully dispatched home by 7pm so I can put my elasticated trousers on and relax.
    Boxing Day at my Mums
    27th is traditional boys day out (14th year now I think), pub crawl into Cardiff from someones local
    28th sofa
    29th Mate's UK wedding do. (We went to his wedding in Boston a few weeks back but he's having a do over here for those that couldn't make it)

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Last Minute have a reputation for being ageist, in that they tear up CVs of any permie or contractor applicant over 30. Apparently it isn't about skills, but simply that they like a trendy, young looking office.

At least that was the case a few years ago. So if you're cogging on a bit, and concerned about that kind of thing, I'd boycott them as a matter of principle. There must be plenty of alternatives by now offering much the same service.
    Ah, didn't realise that - thanks.

Fortunately I haven't used lastminute for about 7 years now - my "lastminute.com" reference was for any travel company.

Good grief, is it time to go home yet....

Leave a comment:

• Hawk
    replied
    ...oh, and billing all non Stat holiday days

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    The family converge on our house on Christmas day, 15 of them.

Taking my mother and her friend to see the Lion King on the 28th.

My daughter's birthday party on 30th

Back to work on the 2nd (I need the rest).

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    ... lastminute.com to somewhere hot.
    Last Minute have a reputation for being ageist, in that they tear up CVs of any permie or contractor applicant over 30. Apparently it isn't about skills, but simply that they like a trendy, young looking office.

At least that was the case a few years ago. So if you're cogging on a bit, and concerned about that kind of thing, I'd boycott them as a matter of principle. There must be plenty of alternatives by now offering much the same service.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Christmas day and Boxing day with family, then quiet rest for a few days but will either go up to London to view museums, art gallerys, eating at fancy restaurants and shopping in Soho and Spitalfields (get my cheese and Beaujolais norrahe at Androuet's!) or go lastminute.com to somewhere hot.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Pub apparently. Starting tomorrow evening until the morning of Jan 1st, one day to recover and then back to the grind.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    10 folks for Christmas lunch, MDF table top on top of our normal dining room table, thanks to Scrag DIY incorporated.

Should be great fun.

Oh yeah and 9 of us off to see the Hobbit at IMAX on Boxing Day.
    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 19 December 2012, 14:32.

Leave a comment:

• Fandango
    replied
    Just picked up the keys to our new house today, so we're moving in over this weekend!

MIL up for xmas day but she's mental so will be dispatched ASAP and then its down to my parents in Cardiff for New Year to see the rest of the family.

Contract finishes on Friday as well so looking forward to some time off in January as well.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Home (Ireland) for Christmas.

Too much food and too much wine but lots of people to babysit, thats ok with me

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Pooling resources with the neighbours on The Big Day in the hope that the kids will look after themselves/the groan ups will behave themselves

Not sure about boxing day. Supposed to be busy looking out of ClientCo's window for the remainder of the season but my grans recent demise means there'll be a burial/cremation to attend. Bad timing

Leave a comment:

• Robinho
    replied
    Up to Scotchlandshire wit' family.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Contractors having a "quiet one at home" who would believe it?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I shall mostly be murdering children.

Any idea where I can get a good deal on shovels and lime?
    Dewson shovels, Dewson lime pits. Don't forget your Dewson grinders - bonemeal makes the roses come up lovely.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X