• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Urban legends - not such a myth after all"

Collapse

• Moose423956
    replied
    I just read "Video shows eagle snatch...." and assumed it wasn't SFW.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Nothing like blurry shakey video to prove something is true. If you look carefully, you can clearly see Big Foot chatting to Lord Lucan behind one of the trees.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    What do you reckon the biggest it could manage is? Trying to work out if it's worth taking the kids to the park.
    I send mine out to play on the bypass. But they keep returning.

Leave a comment:

• JoeyD
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Its true I tell you. He had a friend that retired and is resitting his maths O level to try to get a pass this time.
    Have read about this guy. Is he the one with the house in some slum area of London, who drives a girl hairdressers sportscar ?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    There was a show on BBC last night called snow babies and there was an eagle that picked up a baby reindeer and carried it off, the eagle was fookin huge so i would think it would be possible for one to carry a small child
    What do you reckon the biggest it could manage is? Trying to work out if it's worth taking the kids to the park.

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied
    There was a show on BBC last night called snow babies and there was an eagle that picked up a baby reindeer and carried it off, the eagle was fookin huge so i would think it would be possible for one to carry a small child

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeyD View Post
    Anyone heard the urban myth of the big time contractor who went perm and flew to the States regularly ?

A load of cobblers I reckon
    Its true I tell you. He had a friend that retired and is resitting his maths O level to try to get a pass this time.

Leave a comment:

• JoeyD
    replied
    Anyone heard the urban myth of the big time contractor who went perm and flew to the States regularly ?

A load of cobblers I reckon

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    Urban legend turns out to still be a myth after all:

Viral fake out: “Golden Eagle snatches Kid” is CGI | WTVR.com
    Well. When I watched in slow frame it has shadows in all the right places. Watch it again, slowmo it and then comment again.

Actually screw that. Good isn't it. :-o

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Here's a PDF of a scanned 1901 newspaper telling the tale of an eagle carrying off a baby, the mother giving chase on a mule, and having then to dangle down a cliff on a rope and kill both the eagle and its mate to get the baby back

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    One snatched the dog on Meet the Parents so it must be possible.
    Last edited by mudskipper; 19 December 2012, 21:40. Reason: wrong film

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Moon landing hey?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Trust the Sun to fall for it, the mugs (if they did, and weren't knowingly reporting a fake as if it was real).

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Hmmm....

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Cloud computing
    Will cloud computing lead to redendancies of vast numbers of IT support and development staff?

Nah it's an urban myth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X