• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Make Up Your Own Headline Please"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Hehe, lady just come into office late complaining that her light fitting 'fell down'. No-one has made the obvious remark...

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Bang bang bang, J'ai mal a la tete. Feathers, i'm plucking feathers. etc etc.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    'Bang Bang the lighting falls'

'Shine a light on me'

'a Lighter shade of fail'

'Let's trip the light fantastic'

Seriously it was a work trip, having a shag in the evening doesn't change that fact.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

cos you know we need to discuss the size of her n0rks

Leave a comment:

• formant
    replied
    It's pretty straight forward - happened on a work trip, therefore employer/insurance is liable. *shrug*

I'm mostly appalled that the whole case took 5 years.

Well, okay, and I'm sort of amused that she actually made the initial claim detailing the real circumstances under which she obtained her injuries.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    What's the point of a chandelier if you can't swing from it? If it's not designed for swinging from, there should be clear warning signs.
    Reminds me of when I took the twins to TGIF aged 5. My son dropped his lemon on the floor - picked it up and started to eat it. I said "You have no idea what that lemon picked up on the floor - it might be poo" to which my son replied "then they should put a sign up saying no pooing on the floor".

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    I once shagged a bird who was so fat, the lightbulb burned my arse. Does that count ??????

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TestMangler again.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Hang on, this is important, I'm going to Australia next week; is shagging not a 'lawful recreational activity' over there? I need to know.

Oh, and if Lady Tester and I can cause a light fitting to fall on our heads, can we sue? How much money will we get?
    I once shagged a bird who was so fat, the lightbulb burned my arse. Does that count ??????

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Hang on, this is important, I'm going to Australia next week; is shagging not a 'lawful recreational activity' over there? I need to know.

Oh, and if Lady Tester and I can cause a light fitting to fall on our heads, can we sue? How much money will we get?
    Be careful over there, it is without doubt the most politically correct country on the planet. it's gone to rack and rooney

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    ''In the absence of any misconduct, or an intentionally self-inflicted injury, the fact that the applicant was engaged in sexual activity rather than some other lawful recreational activity while in her motel room does not lead to any different result.''

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    It's a question of who should have paid her costs - the employer's insurance or her own. Except for the prurient detail that she was having sex while injured, I can't really see a there's a story here.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    So how many members of the public did she serve at a time?

And why aren't we told what her house is worth?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Are her expenses claims available on line?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I think the point relates to the fact she was injured by a light falling on her in the motel room as opposed to falling when swinging from the chandelier. If for example I had been beaten up or shot by some redneck halfwit Texan I too would have expected to have been insured/covered by the company as I was doing absolutely nothing intentionally to provoke them.
    What's the point of a chandelier if you can't swing from it? If it's not designed for swinging from, there should be clear warning signs.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I think the point relates to the fact she was injured by a light falling on her in the motel room as opposed to falling when swinging from the chandelier. If for example I had been beaten up or shot by some redneck halfwit Texan I too would have expected to have been insured/covered by the company as I was doing absolutely nothing intentionally to provoke them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X