• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Do you take a newspaper anymore?"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I thought you were more a "Beano" person
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Where's the NRC Handelsblad option?
    I thought you were more a "de Telegraph" person

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Where's the NRC Handelsblad option?

Leave a comment:

• LatteLiberal
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What about the week?
    No read it, saw it in the newsagents stands fighting admirably for my attention amongst my favoured weeklies.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
    I prefer news digests like The New Statesman and the Spectator. I always like to read from the right and left if I buy a paper (Guardian and Telegraph). I wouldn't wipe my arse with any of Murdoch's crap.
    What about the week?

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I get the Times (subscription) because its not much more to have it delivered compared to reading it online
    Same here, although I really must read it more often more thoroughly

Oh, and I like the T2 crossword.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I knew I forgot something.
    Forget anything else?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    There wasn't really a 'no' option.
    ****, I new I forgot something.

MODS can you oblige

Leave a comment:

• LatteLiberal
    replied
    I prefer news digests like The New Statesman and the Spectator. I always like to read from the right and left if I buy a paper (Guardian and Telegraph). I wouldn't wipe my arse with any of Murdoch's crap.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    There wasn't really a 'no' option.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I get the Times (subscription) because its not much more to have it delivered compared to reading it online and it arrives before I get up at 6am every morning.

We also get the local daily paper as that's £2 or so a week delivered which is also cheap.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Guilty pleasure on Sunday is an hour or so reading the paper.
    Rare now though

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Yes I take it to the bog.
    Watch out for them piles forming!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    When working away from home, my SOP is to buy the paper and read it while having my dinner and a refreshing beverage or more in a good pub. However I usually focus more on features; there's usually very little in the news pages that I haven't already seen online.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Yes I take it to the bog.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X