• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Antisocial b'stds

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Antisocial b'stds"

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    They don't pander to weird stuff here, you eat what you're given or tough tulip, starve...
    That's what we should do over here too ... non-Kosher non-Halal pork for everyone or firk orf

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Will the food be Halal ?
    They don't pander to weird stuff here, you eat what you're given or tough tulip, starve...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I'm often left off the invitation list. But it makes no difference. If I think I should be there, I'll go. If I don't then I won't.

I remember some contractors kicked up a fuss about charging when we were invited to a country hotel with a Michelin starred restaurant for a Friday evening, with paintball for the Saturday afternoon. How anyone could complain about having the opportunity to shoot the project manager in the back...

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    An email came round at ClientCo today announcing a Christmas buffet lunch in the office next Monday.

A few minutes later came a Reply All: "Will the food be Halal?"
    Hardly surprising considering where you are based.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I don't think in all my years of contracting I have ever been invited to a works Christmas do although I have been invited to the teams 'yearly thank you for doing a great job' breakfast next week...There will be coffee, halve hahn (although a hahn is a chicken this is actually half a roll with cheese on it, a Cologne thing), mett brotchen (raw mince meat (tartar possibly) and onions and gherkins) and some other stuff
    Will the food be Halal ?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    coffee, halve hahn (although a hahn is a chicken this is actually half a roll with cheese on it, a Cologne thing), mett brotchen (raw mince meat (tartar possibly) and onions and gherkins) and some other stuff
    Sounds.... erm, delicious. You won't want to miss that eh? And for breakfast too

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I don't think in all my years of contracting I have ever been invited to a works Christmas do although I have been invited to the teams 'yearly thank you for doing a great job' breakfast next week...There will be coffee, halve hahn (although a hahn is a chicken this is actually half a roll with cheese on it, a Cologne thing), mett brotchen (raw mince meat (tartar possibly) and onions and gherkins) and some other stuff

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Just noticed in clientCo manager's calendar that he's going to lunch with the agent next week. Not that I want to have lunch with the pair of them, but would have been nice to have been asked.
    How would they be able to talk about you if you're there?

Don't be silly!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Maybe my agent will part with 0.1% of the commission he's made from me and buy me lunch.
    Just noticed in clientCo manager's calendar that he's going to lunch with the agent next week. Not that I want to have lunch with the pair of them, but would have been nice to have been asked.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    been here 10 years as a permie, still don't get invited to departmental lunches - hurrah!

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    I tried to take my bosses wife up the Oxo tower.

Neither were too pleased.

I find parties tedious at the best of times. Making me go to one with people whom I work with is a different kind of horror.

IR35 friendly too, which we love.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    An email came round at ClientCo today announcing a Christmas buffet lunch in the office next Monday.

Actually, I wonder if it's possible everyone assumes I get all the emails organising social functions, and think I'm the anti-social b'std for not responding.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    That'd be me then. I believe there are lots of others - I've just never met them. MaccyD's it is.
    As long as you tell the permies its somewhere high class.

Maybe my agent will part with 0.1% of the commission he's made from me and buy me lunch.
    Only way I ever found was to refuse to sign any contract or extension accept over lunch.

I once persuaded an agent to take me and Mrs BP up the oxo tower. But his boss refused. Chaepskate.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Have a contractor only party. Somewhere really high class.
    That'd be me then. I believe there are lots of others - I've just never met them. MaccyD's it is.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X