• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New CUK features you'd like to see"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Gets too messy, admin makes the rules, mods enforce the rules, us plebs either abide by the rules or fook off else where
    Fair comment. One should not cause the mods any aggro.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I would like to see that if someone starts a thread to insult someone then the person insulted has a say in the punishment.
    Gets too messy, admin makes the rules, mods enforce the rules, us plebs either abide by the rules or fook off else where

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Good point. But is euthanising a poster actually legal?
    How cares. The question is - is it worthwhile. You know you like SY01 really. And I know you are kind hearted enough to be forgiving during the Christmas season.....

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I would like to see that if someone starts a thread to insult someone then the person insulted has a say in the punishment.
    Good point. But is euthanising a poster actually legal?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You mean like a badge of pride?
    A CUKASBO?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Or how many bans you've had
    You mean like a badge of pride?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Or how many bans you've had

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    How about a feature next to a poster's name to show how many ignore lists they're on?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    When you accuse most people of something their usual response is to deny it (assuming they are innocent) not to lock the doors and refuse to ever speak again.
    No because a forum is a private site. It's more like insulting your landlord and telling him he's doing it all wrong... he'll just bar you.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    The attempt to expose tagileaks proved futile. But Mods and Admin and NickFitz have access to that data and they are more than willing to give you that information.
    I don't - they only let me play on the test server, which has all personal information removed from the database

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Would that feature include not getting banned when you send a personal message to admin insulting them and/or threatening legal action?

You're confusing CUK with a democracy anyway, internet forums are private fiefdoms.
    When you accuse most people of something their usual response is to deny it (assuming they are innocent) not to lock the doors and refuse to ever speak again.

The really silly thing which I have said before, is that only the UserName can be banned so what is the point? A simple IP change and they are back, but now they are mad and have a grudge. Ive run forums myself for games like call of duty which means you get a lot of kids trash talking, its impossible to stop them.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Id like to see the feature where people who have something interesting to stay dont end up banned. Eg Wim121 and Gentile. (Im sure there are others)
    Would that feature include not getting banned when you send a personal message to admin insulting them and/or threatening legal action?

You're confusing CUK with a democracy anyway, internet forums are private fiefdoms.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Id like to see the feature where people who have something interesting to stay dont end up banned. Eg Wim121 and Gentile. (Im sure there are others)
    There is nothing wrong with having something interesting to say, there are still a couple of people left who regularly do so, its how it is said that normally gets people into trouble

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X