• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Majestic under threat?"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It doesn't generate spam. Actually it's very useful at detecting online spam from what I understand, I'm sure I read something about that a while ago... someone used it to find spammers had got them blacklisted from Google.
    Indeed...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    And you spent your life on this?
    More or less

I could have done better if I just invested into Google IPO

But then again I would not have felt I've earned the money

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Instead of a simple Google-like search bar in the middle of the page, Wada also offers an extensive ‘web directory’ through which to search, divided into category (eg ‘Sport’) and sub-category (‘Football’). Users can also navigate through the directory by ‘genre’.
    So what exactly is this?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It doesn't generate spam. Actually it's very useful at detecting online spam from what I understand, I'm sure I read something about that a while ago... someone used it to find spammers had got them blacklisted from Google.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    World leading product in its niche
    You mean it's better at generating spam than its competitors?
    And you spent your life on this? I created more useful products in my first year after university.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I was busy working on something.

HTH
    And now you're not? Was it anything exciting - I like hearing about your techy stuff.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    AtW you've been away from CUK for ages and suddenly returned - did you forget us or were you flouncing or what?
    I was busy working on something.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    AtW you've been away from CUK for ages and suddenly returned - did you forget us or were you flouncing or what?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    AtW is like Steve Jobs of Majestic SEO. As long as he is in charge it will continue to innovate and succeed in its marketplace.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    AtW is like Steve Jobs of Majestic SEO. As long as he is in charge it will continue to innovate and succeed in its marketplace.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    is it leather ?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    It's now morphed into a web crawler + backlinks database for SEO

Leave a comment:

• RasputinDude
    replied
    TFFT, I thought my wine supplier was going to go bankrupt.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    That reminds me, I must get round to improving the 1950s style search on the free wild flower pics page on my business website.

if (enteredString>=name[n]) display(n);

Hey aTw! Gotta job for me?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Majestic has got sod all to do with searching.

It's now morphed into a web crawler + backlinks database for SEO, spammers and the like.

But hey, it pays for the DFS sofa on interest free credit, so it's all good.

I know, that, you know that but Alexei bites best when you wind him up about having a search engine. Anyway I do try to make these links relevant to the community.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X