• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Shocked beyond belief"

Collapse

• Robinho
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    But that will not be about commodity price inflation for the drink ingredients (I expect), as the ingredient costs must be negligible. It might be introducing a new price point, or softening up the market for withdrawing 330ml cans (which would be a cost saver - I expect).

As far as it being an easy mistake to make - surely that would only be for a semi-literate innumerate cretin?
    Ingredients costs may (or may not) be negligible. But profits and labour costs are still being devalued and need to keep up with inflation.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    But that will not be about commodity price inflation for the drink ingredients (I expect), as the ingredient costs must be negligible. It might be introducing a new price point, or softening up the market for withdrawing 330ml cans (which would be a cost saver - I expect).

As far as it being an easy mistake to make - surely that would only be for a semi-literate innumerate cretin?
    Does MF know you've stolen his sockie?

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's more interesting to watch how Coca Cola deals with this problem - they can't really easily go from 0.5L to 0.450L (not a problem for beer manufacturers), so they just introduced 350 mln new bottle that costs almost the same as 0.5L and looks like a bit shrunk version, easy to make mistake

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Deflation of choccy bar sizes to mask price inflation. Cunning.
    It's more interesting to watch how Coca Cola deals with this problem - they can't really easily go from 0.5L to 0.450L (not a problem for beer manufacturers), so they just introduced 350 mln new bottle that costs almost the same as 0.5L and looks like a bit shrunk version, easy to make mistake

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Deflation of choccy bar sizes to mask price inflation. Cunning.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Chocolate bars shrink as makers cut costs - Telegraph

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Inflation is NOT the problem.

It's the general lack of disposable income that's the problem.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    It's happening now, and has in fact been happening for countless millenia
    HTH.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That's basically the same argument the climate change brigade use "oh well yes it's not happening as fast as we predicted it definitely would, but it definitely will happen"
    It's happening now.
    HTH.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    We are only in the early stages of QE. Most people can see that inflation is much higher than the fiddled figures but more importantly that the govt are stoking inflation on purpose as a way to erode debt.

Much more QE is in the pipeline and a lot more inflation awaits us.
    That's basically the same argument the climate change brigade use "oh well yes it's not happening as fast as we predicted it definitely would, but it definitely will happen"

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Yes and you believed them, hence your surprise
    You really are a prize moron.
    I think if you trawled the site history you'd find I thought they were talking rubbish, if I commented at all.

Leave a comment:

• Robinho
    replied
    So how long do we have to wait until the CUK brains trust who predicted QE would lead to runaway inflation admit they don't know squat?

Or is it like climate change, we have to keep waiting because you'll be right eventually?
    At the minute the economy is flatlining and banks are not lending, the shrinking of the money supply is being replaced by QE. When the situation reverses the true extent of the money printing that has gone on will be felt.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    So how long do we have to wait until the CUK brains trust who predicted QE would lead to runaway inflation admit they don't know squat?

Or is it like climate change, we have to keep waiting because you'll be right eventually?
    Who knows what will happen. As long as it's a short term tactic to get us over the trough in the economy. It seems to have avoided deflation for the moment, so I suppose that's a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    'A lot more' is not the same as what was predicted - people were citing German history as what QE would lead to.

Dullard.
    Yes and you believed them, hence your surprise
    You really are a prize moron.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    'A lot more' is not the same as what was predicted - people were citing German history as what QE would lead to.

Dullard.
    We are only in the early stages of QE. Most people can see that inflation is much higher than the fiddled figures but more importantly that the govt are stoking inflation on purpose as a way to erode debt.

Much more QE is in the pipeline and a lot more inflation awaits us.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Dullard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X