• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The end to racism is within grasp"

Collapse

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Indeed. I heard a black delivery driver call a black traffic warden something similar after getting a ticket. The traffic warden was quite cool about it - "don't pull that black sh1t on me - park properly".
    Did they have good rhythm?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I have told this story before. i was queuing one New year outside arding and hobbs in Clapham junction for the january sales and an argument erupted between a group of afro carribean people who were also queuing. One of them called the other a "black bast***"
    Indeed. I heard a black delivery driver call a black traffic warden something similar after getting a ticket. The traffic warden was quite cool about it - "don't pull that black sh1t on me - park properly".

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I have told this story before. i was queuing one New year outside arding and hobbs in Clapham junction for the january sales and an argument erupted between a group of afro carribean people who were also queuing. One of them called the other a "black bast***"
    Do you leave the kids at home now?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Tend to agree, if people are riled they will deliberately say what offends. If an overweight person annoys you you might call them a fat bastard, doesn't mean you spend your time thinking about ways to get at fat people. Similarly, if people have black/whatever friends, it doesn't mean they do not have unjustiable predudices against a group as whole. The whole issue of racism is grossly oversimplified.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    That a I call a black person a n***** deliberately to hurt them doesn't mean I hate black people
    Tend to agree, if people are riled they will deliberately say what offends. If an overweight person annoys you you might call them a fat bastard, doesn't mean you spend your time thinking about ways to get at fat people. Similarly, if people have black/whatever friends, it doesn't mean they do not have unjustiable predudices against a group as whole. The whole issue of racism is grossly oversimplified.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    You are going to have to work this one out for yourself.
    got it

no it does not

thank you

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Another top-notch contribution to a serious discussion there. Well done.

there's you little bit of attention, of you trot now.
    It was the heat of the moment.

He doesn't mean it.

But it does raise the question - does it disrespect real cretins? Just as calling someone a Spaz disrespects real spastics?

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I like Gangsta Rap

Is it acceptable to sing

All ma N***** and ma b****** wave your m******f****** hands in the air

Or does that make me racist?

I am confused now

You are going to have to work this one out for yourself.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I like Gangsta Rap

Is it acceptable to sing

All ma N***** and ma b****** wave your m******f****** hands in the air

Or does that make me racist?

I am confused now

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Now you understand why I call you a cretin. It's because you're thick as two short planks.
    Another top-notch contribution to a serious discussion there. Well done.

there's you little bit of attention, of you trot now.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    People get very excited about definitions of racism: they behave like a **** over someone's nationality and then say, 'Aha! But that wasn't racist'. The real point is that racism is a sub-set of cuntishness and being a different type of **** doesn't make it all OK.
    Hey, 'cuntishness' gets through the filter. Is this a manifestation of the Scunthorpe problem?

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    You forgot ginger.
    Who cares?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I don't agree. If I was the kind of person who liked hurting people for fun, I would use language as a weapon. Call a woman a c***, a black person a n*****, etc.

That a I call a black person a n***** deliberately to hurt them doesn't mean I hate black people, it just means I've found an exposed nerve. If the same person was Chinese I'd call them a C****, if they were gay I'd call them a fag, if they were overweight I'd call them fat, if they wore classes I'd call them 4-eyes, if they were bald I'd call them baldy/slaphead.

This defines the person as a bigot (I think that's the word) but not a racist.
    You forgot ginger.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I don't agree. If I was the kind of person who liked hurting people for fun, I would use language as a weapon. Call a woman a c***, a black person a n*****, etc.

That a I call a black person a n***** deliberately to hurt them doesn't mean I hate black people, it just means I've found an exposed nerveIf the same person was Chinese I'd call them a C****, if they were gay I'd call them a fag, if they were overweight I'd call them fat, if they wore classes I'd call them 4-eyes, if they were bald I'd call them baldy/slaphead.

This defines the person as a bigot (I think that's the word) but not a racist.
    Now you understand why I call you a cretin. It's because you're thick as two short planks.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Ah is that the technical term?
    People get very excited about definitions of racism: they behave like a **** over someone's nationality and then say, 'Aha! But that wasn't racist'. The real point is that racism is a sub-set of cuntishness and being a different type of **** doesn't make it all OK.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X