• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: No Internet use.

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "No Internet use."

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    No. I'm outside your bathroom window, that lock looks loose....
    It's actually open but I don't advise you to climb through it.

(There is a bucket of bleach under it.)

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Are you still here?
    No. I'm outside your bathroom window, that lock looks loose....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I'm beginning to think I may get rid of my iPhone.
    Are you still here?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    When I went on holiday I used my Android everyday - maps, email, Facebook. It was nice to communicate to friends. Wasn't so pleasant to receive client emails and calls.

I think next time I won't take it (or take an old fashioned mobile phone for emergencies only).

And as for fecking data roaming charges!?!?!?! My god, what a rip-off.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Without wanting to sounds trite, it was one of the better tech decisions I have ever made. Now have a tri band nokia that makes calls, and sends texts. I even forget it sometimes as it has that little impact on my life now.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    I try and avoid all things electronic on holiday, and managed 4 weeks from 6 this summer.

I had an iPhone and got so fed up just playing with it (games, text, internet, Facebook, etc), that I sold it within 2 months, as the evenings were just spent on it.

Terribly addictive.

The wife and I down tools on Friday night and ensure we have active weekends away from internet as a family. It works well, but was hard at first.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    13 days on holiday, after 2 days it was easy.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    My Name is MF and I am an idiot.
    Hear hear.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    I try and avoid all things electronic on holiday, and managed 4 weeks from 6 this summer.

I had an iPhone and got so fed up just playing with it (games, text, internet, Facebook, etc), that I sold it within 2 months, as the evenings were just spent on it.

Terribly addictive.

The wife and I down tools on Friday night and ensure we have active weekends away from internet as a family. It works well, but was hard at first.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Try getting virgin media as your broadband provider. You will get regular periods of time with no internet.

Of course you will have to amuse the kids as they can't watch dodgy videos on youtube.

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied
    2 weeks, on my last holiday, i never touched a computer never looked at a newspaper never watched a telly never sent a text, i did make 2 phone calls back to my son but that was it,

It was great, i did not miss it one bit

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Fortunately I am with both O2 and BT Broadband. This means I am frequently given the opportunity to take time out from the internet.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    The interweb started out quite promising but it's gone right downhill. There is probably more good stuff than ever but it's mired in a sea of awfulness.
    It's full of drivel. I wake up and the first thing I do is reach for a device. My Name is MF and I am an addict.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    The interweb started out quite promising but it's gone right downhill. There is probably more good stuff than ever but it's mired in a sea of awfulness.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I'm sure RH could arrange a 30 day ban if bribed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X