• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This "Jimmy Savile" thing..."

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    With minors, or the normal kind?
    What is the normal kind?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    The former Radio One DJ Dave Lee Travis has been charged with 11 counts of indecent assault and one count of sexual assault.
    With minors, or the normal kind?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    The former Radio One DJ Dave Lee Travis has been charged with 11 counts of indecent assault and one count of sexual assault.
    Not the Hairy Cornflake....

although with a nickname like that.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    "I heard Rod Hull is next on the list."

Lucky he can't see this or he'd hit the roof!
    Whenever this comes up I can't get a mental picture of out my head of Rod Hull on the roof with the Emu (actually his arm - I didn't realise!) grabbing the aerial as he was adjusting it...

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I don't think we are in a position to dismiss anyone's claims.

Times were different then. I knew of serious sexual assaults perpetrated by lads around my age group when I was 15 and 16. But none of them were reported to anyone as far as I know, let alone the police. I'll bet that wasn't because the girls involved were happy about it.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied
    "I heard Rod Hull is next on the list."

Lucky he can't see this or he'd hit the roof!

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    nope it's Basil Brush

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    I heard Rod Hull is next on the list.

He was found with his arm right up some birds arse.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Apparently his family have removed all the flowers growing around his grave as a mark of respect.

Things are now as he would have wanted them. Small holes with little or no bush.....

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Added to this is that Mr Saville use to sue people into silence
    Did slander/libel apply if reports were only made to the police?

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The Rochdale and other recent cases show what the authorities do when children are being abused now and whose stories are supported by adults including their own parents - so do you really think some adult woman complaining in the 1970s and early 1980s would be believed?
    Especially if the women were also subjected to sexual harassment themselves and their complaints were ignored?

Added to this is that Mr Saville use to sue people into silence. This is thanks to our stupid libel laws.

The media made it socially acceptable to sleep with a 14 year old if you were an adult male who was old enough to be her father as some rock stars did in the 70s and 80s - one of the Stones did this.

Remember Childline was only founded in 1986 and loads of people thought that Ms Rantzen was talking tulip and encouraging children to make up stories.
    Yes, you are absolutely correct. Add this to the other stories of children killed by parents whilst childcare services stood by and did little or nothing amazes me.

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    He was never tried of anything and he was never charged with anything yet the Media and most of the public have decided he was Guilty. They used to have public trials of the dead in the Dark Ages.

They are working on doing this to John Peel next.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    I have seen absolutely zero claims or corroboration from a single male witness. I wouldn't have thought it possible that could happen. Did absolutely NO ONE have a sense of right and wrong during the 40 years this was alleged to have carried on?
    I heard that Jonathan King, who was convicted for abusing boys, complained, that others unnamed where doing the same with girls the same age as the boys he was abusing yet he was the only one convicted.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    I think that those who stood by and let this happen are effectively partners in the crime that was committed here.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
    The Rochdale and other recent cases show what the authorities do when children are being abused now and whose stories are supported by adults including their own parents - so do you really think some adult woman complaining in the 1970s and early 1980s would be believed?
    Especially if the women were also subjected to sexual harassment themselves and their complaints were ignored?

Added to this is that Mr Saville use to sue people into silence. This is thanks to our stupid libel laws.

The media made it socially acceptable to sleep with a 14 year old if you were an adult male who was old enough to be her father as some rock stars did in the 70s and 80s - one of the Stones did this.

Remember Childline was only founded in 1986 and loads of people thought that Ms Rantzen was talking tulip and encouraging children to make up stories.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X