• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Wife's 40th

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wife's 40th"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    get a roooo oo bee, then take your love to town

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Vetran - you'll be spending a while WOO.

I like the shopping idea too. Or how about paying for some sessions for something she's always wanted to do? Learn to ride a horse, drive a sports car, shooting, a ride on a magic carpet to meet the King of the Potato People. And buy the feckin' ruby anyway
    WZS, find out what she'd like to do and make a day/weekend of it.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Just remember to get her something.

"We'll go out and buy something special" really doesn't cut it. Four years later and I'm still waiting.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Leave the ruby out and save that for when you have the misfortune to stay married that long, pay for a weekend trip for her and her girlies to go and watch a show.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    "Mr. Flibble's very cross. What are we going to do with them Mr. Flibble?"

lovin the Avatar
    Vetran - you'll be spending a while WOO.

I like the shopping idea too. Or how about paying for some sessions for something she's always wanted to do? Learn to ride a horse, drive a sports car, shooting, a ride on a magic carpet to meet the King of the Potato People. And buy the feckin' ruby anyway

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    "Mr. Flibble's very cross. What are we going to do with them Mr. Flibble?"

lovin the Avatar

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Get her a nice piece of jewellery featuring a ruby.

Edit: for the less sophisticared members of the congregation- this does not mean taking her for a curry.

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    Take her on a tour of dodgy strip clubs. To remind her how lucky she is. Unless she is a 40 year old stripper herself, in which case, well done you!

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
    Wife's 40th coming up. Therefore asking the esteemed congregation (wierdo strangers on the internet) what special things I could do for this grand occasion.

Points for originality (i.e. not "pearl necklace", "take her up the oxo tower" etc.. you know you can do better than that)
    Find a younger version?

Leave a comment:

• BigTime
    replied
    iphone 5 for business use only

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I thought he said 'take her up the oxo tower' was out of bounds?
    Yes but what about the birthday present?

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Is there anything on her "bucket" list such as a trip in a helicopter, trip on the Orient Express (they do day trips with dining etc.), weekend in Paris, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Took Mrs PL business class to NYC for a long weekend. Tix for a show, a few nice dinners, bit of shopping and some sightseeing.

Ah, I seem to have accidentally provided a sensible answer and have embarrassed myself again by being the only one. Sorry folks.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    what does she like? - I'm not talking about Celery and the Flying helmet.

The more customised it is the better.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That one where you inject stuff in their bum.
    I thought he said 'take her up the oxo tower' was out of bounds?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X