• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is Sas cleverer than you?"

Collapse

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You've got a really over-optimistic view of average then, however poor your opinion of the CUK member-base. If you work in a professional trade, the average people you know are way above average.
    I tend to work with pretty bright people, but I was talking about the dross that hangs about on this site.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Because the slower provider might have a less contended bandwidth in your area giving you a better service than a rammed service with only a theoretical max speed...
    a good point - but I think the question was a bit rhetorical really

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Why would you choose a slow provider unless you were thick?
    Because the slower provider might have a less contended bandwidth in your area giving you a better service than a rammed service with only a theoretical max speed...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    Most posters on CUK are dimmer than average.
    You've got a really over-optimistic view of average then, however poor your opinion of the CUK member-base. If you work in a professional trade, the average people you know are way above average.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I am smart enough to know that it doesn't matter how smart I am
    I am smart enough to be able to get the one or two things in life that I really want
    I am smart enough not to regret the things that I dont really want and I am not smart enough to get

EternalAristotle

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Most posters on CUK are dimmer than average. Sas probably has a healthy IQ of about 115. Most CUK posters are therefore probably dimmer than Sas, if we are happy to run with IQ as a measure of cleverness. However, many of these poster are dim enough that they probably lack the ability to tell that they are dimmer than Sas, so the results of the poll will be interesting.
    As I know my IQ I also know that it ain't worth the paper its written on.

I also know that its not worth trying to be clever as while I may be three steps ahead of the game trying to think of the words small enough for management to understand takes ages.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Most posters on CUK are dimmer than average. Sas probably has a healthy IQ of about 115. Most CUK posters are therefore probably dimmer than Sas, if we are happy to run with IQ as a measure of cleverness. However, many of these poster are dim enough that they probably lack the ability to tell that they are dimmer than Sas, so the results of the poll will be interesting.
    There was an interesting article (I think it was one of Nick's Monday Links ages ago) that showed how mediocre people way over estimate their abilities, and brighter ones underestimate. So the sasguru paradox may indeed be true.

Edit: similar link added
    http://www.isciencemag.co.uk/blog/in...t-not-know-it/
    Last edited by mudskipper; 25 September 2012, 19:49.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I doubt it is that high. But more importantly he has severe mental health issues. In particular he has a form of tourettes which forces him to reply "cretin" to alot of posts.

I reckon he is at Forrest Gump level.
    No, he can put together a decent argument.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Sas probably has a healthy IQ of about 115.
    I doubt it is that high. But more importantly he has severe mental health issues. In particular he has a form of tourettes which forces him to reply "cretin" to alot of posts.

I reckon he is at Forrest Gump level.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I'm really dim.

No I am honest.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    So you're suggesting that, paradoxically, those who are cleverer than you are thicker than those who aren't.
    Or intelligence is multifaceted. A bit like top trumps.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    A fly is cleverer than me at finding tulip. But that doesn't mean much, except to the fly
    If you're talking dog tulip I seem to only ever find it when not looking where I'm going.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

In your opinion, is sas cleverer than you? (If you are sasguru, you'll need to go for the AndyW option)

Poll to follow.
    A fly is cleverer than me at finding tulip. But that doesn't mean much, except to the fly

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Perhaps I am intelligent rather clever.
    Shouldn't that be "...rather than clever."

Unless it was a Yoda quote.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X