• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Posts by those on one's ignore list"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Immensely complex PHP code if anyone wants to improve it. Just find the name and the post is in following blockquote element.

$main = "http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/";

//get link page or main page if not link
    $link = $_GET['link'];
    if ($link=="")
    {
    $link = $main;
    }
    $crap = file_get_contents($link);

//standard changes all pages
    $pos0 = strpos($crap,"Owlhoot");
    $pos1 = strpos($crap,"<blockquote",$pos0+10);
    $pos2 = strpos($crap,"</blockquote>",$pos1+12) ;
    $crap = substr($crap,0,$pos1).substr($crap,$pos2+13);

//Change links
    $crap = str_replace($main,"http://www.xoggoth.org/pages/xogcuk5.php?link=$main",$crap);

//show page
    echo $crap;

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Sorted

Click on the xog version of CUK General:

General

Go to this thread or any with Owlhoot post and it should be blank. The first Owlhoot post anyway, can't be arsed to loop through then all.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    would that not mean this thread is deleted also? Yeah yeah delete Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Also, it would be nice to be able to ignore any thread tagged with Brexit.
    We could just delete every post that contains that word, or Remoan, etc.

...but that would take an awful lot of time since most threads in General seem to gravitate to that subject, whether directly due to the topic, or indirectly due to the divisiveness of it and how it makes some posters react to others.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Still no solution to this.

Also, it would be nice to be able to ignore any thread tagged with Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Why must posts by people on one's ignore list be so damned prominent, in great big bold type?

Each time somebody posts who I'd rather not be reminded exists, it actually stands out more, apart from the tantalizingly concealed contents, than a normal post by someone else!

Can't we have a "completely ignore posts by this user", which don't show up at all in one's thread view?

Sorry if this has been discussed before (and sorry about this post if I'm on your ignore list )
    Aww, miss you

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    Doodab has put me on ignore because i continually outwit him.

Bless.
    There are some type of 'wits' on here, but I wouldn't have used the word 'out' in front of it.

Leave a comment:

• Robinho
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    You owe me a new keyboard
    Again, show me where i am wrong? This is what people are continually failing to do.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    Is that why i am constantly right about things?
    You owe me a new keyboard

Leave a comment:

• Robinho
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Robby is an annoying cock who's thick as two short planks but DA is amusing sometimes, and by all accounts a decent fella, unless he gets one of his pea-brain-storms.
    Is that why i am constantly right about things? And why you are constantly unable to prove otherwise? And in your frustration resorting only to insults as seen in this post.

Leave a comment:

• Robinho
    replied
    Doodab has put me on ignore because i continually outwit him.

Bless.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    The forum can be a bit of a time sponge
    Handy when you're stuck on a dull gig but bloody annoying when you're working at home and could be doing something useful like cleaning behind the TV.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Nonsense. I'm off for breakfast.

Feck, is that the time?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I find that I can't help arguing with some of his musings and I'd rather not waste the time on it. I should give up CUK altogether really.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Dodgy? What's up with him?
    Genetics

Leave a comment:

Working...
X