• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tales from retirement ..."

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Anyway been sitting under in the garden pondering Lie groups and think have made an intuitive breakthrough.
    Will require a lot of checking - quite excited now.
    Seriously, if it pans out and you whump up a paper and feel it would be worth publishing, I can endorse you as a new author on the ArXiv Number Theory category and maybe help out with the LaTeX formatting.

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    If you know something that is worth money, step one is to write it up in a PDF and sell it via a website. Step two is a set of YouTube videos that go into more depth. Step three is courses that you run at 2k per head.

Very little $ outlay if you have time on your hands.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Your ability for "original thought" began and ended with your discovery of the word "Cretin".
    You're projecting again

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Anyway been sitting under in the garden pondering Lie groups and think have made an intuitive breakthrough.
    Your ability for "original thought" began and ended with your discovery of the word "Cretin".

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    The correct mathematical term for your discovery is 'mistake'.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    ftfy
    You wish. Anyway enjoy work

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    maybe start grampappy.net?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Can't you read? The difference is I'm not a kept man since I have my own pocket money.
    Oh and she paid for the house in cash. I think that's my duty as provider over

Oh tulip it's the wife!
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Sas isn't actually retired is he? He's now a stay at home dad. You'd better have that souffle finished for when the missus gets back or she's gonna cut your allowance.
    Can't you read? The difference is I'm not a kept man since I have my own income.
    Oh and I paid for the house in cash. I think that's my duty as provider over

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    As a serious answer to the question, maybe not spend your retirement on CUK? What a depressing thought!

Are there any good retirement homes forums we could get Sas on, and then visit him?
    Sas isn't actually retired is he? He's now a stay at home dad. You'd better have that souffle finished for when the missus gets back or she's gonna cut your allowance.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    As a serious answer to the question, maybe not spend your retirement on CUK? What a depressing thought!

Are there any good retirement homes forums we could get Sas on, and then visit him?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Well it used to be dealt with by sticking people in an asylum, but it seems we're more cuddly these days and do 'care in the community', even expecting some cretins to get a job; I think that's a big mistake. We're all better off with some people on the dole.
    Jobs? Yes. Politicians.

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Whittle.

Thats what Clint always does, when he's waiting for the baddies.
    Get a knife, a lolly ice stick and make an easter island head. or something

alternatively, learn how to chew tabbacca. he does that a lot too

while spitting on random dogs..

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    He also used to have a large ginger gurning sidekick as well.
    you are getting confused between chewbacca and chewing tabbaca

Leave a comment:

Working...
X