• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Radio 1

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Radio 1"

Collapse

• petergriffin
    replied
    It's obvious: Radio 1 is for the Northeners. If you live south of Warwick you should listen to Radio 2 or BBC Home Counties, but not on DAB because DAB is for builders and hairdressers.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    OK so that's one R&B artist, played perhaps once every 3 hours at most. And she does a lot of rap stuff as well anyway. Hardly swamping the airwaves...
    Most mainstream black music artists would be considered RnB, it always has been a race dependant term and probably always will be.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Never heard of Nicki Minaj so did a search:

Nicki Minaj - Pound The Alarm (Explicit) - YouTube

Mmm. Looks ok to me. The music's not too bad either.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    I don't agree. Radio 1 is just the charts..always has been and always will. All the local radio stations tend to be a clone of this. There are no stations that play current rock except Kerannng as far as I am aware.
    The local radio stations you listen to.

Where I live there is a range and always has been.

I grew up in a house were generally I was listening to pirate radio stations before some of them got their licenses.

I remember once they had decided to apply for a radio license they had to go off air for a year. Luckily they didn't all apply at exactly the same time.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Ah yes. Cos she's brown 'n that.

Most music derives from R&B.
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    eh, no.
    BBC - BBC Radio 1 Programmes - BBC Radio 1's Stories, The Beatles and Black Music Not agreeing actively with either of you, but once again everything is in cycles really.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Rihanna is R and B.
    OK so that's one R&B artist, played perhaps once every 3 hours at most. And she does a lot of rap stuff as well anyway. Hardly swamping the airwaves...

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

eh, no.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Rihanna is R and B.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I would rather remove my own brain with a yankee screwdriver than listen to radio 1.

******* awful noise.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Rihanna is R and B.
    Which just goes to show what a crock it really is. To me R&B is Bo Diddley and all that 40's and 50's music that black blokes played with guitars. Not this w@nk that radio1 pumps out

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Rihanna is R and B.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I think thed R and B stuff is a new level of terrible not heard before in this country.

Also I dont think the level of music is as popular as the airplay time on radio 1 presents. R and B is not really popular outside of london but it gets over promotion on radio 1 as it is the music of the inner city london yoof.
    I can't remember hearing R&B on R1 frequently since Destiny's Child disappeared! Maybe we have different definitions?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Oh aye. That rythm & blues stuff will never catch on.
    And those Beetles need a haircut.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    I think thed R and B stuff is a new level of terrible not heard before in this country.

Also I dont think the level of music is as popular as the airplay time on radio 1 presents. R and B is not really popular outside of london but it gets over promotion on radio 1 as it is the music of the inner city london yoof.
    Oh aye. That rythm & blues stuff will never catch on.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    John Peel. The exception that proves the rule.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X