• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: oh deer...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "oh deer..."

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by scooby View Post
    lol

only joshing.

A mate of mine hit a goat. it might have been worse, it could have been a kid

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Scooby, you are not well-suited for the 21st century really. are you?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Scooby, you are not well-suited for the 21st century really. are you?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

However, the quality of the body work repair is shocking! ripped paintwork from putting trims back on before paint dry, runs, poor finish, uneven spray etc... Insurance are sending out an inspector to review and take it from there.
    Happened to a mate of mine. In the end the insurance company (Direct Line) agreed that she could appoint her own repair agent, so don't settle for less.

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Your renewal premium might be dear.

RIP
    Yup, lost 6yrs no claims

The saga is still going on... While on Holiday, dropped my phone in a stream. On way home from Scotland (got the car back last thursday) we had a puncture and engine management light / idle mode kicking meaning 300mile journey at 60mph. Walked in to the house to find the dishwasher has leaked and the real wood flooring all warped and knackered in the kitchen.

Took the car to the dealers today for a full diagnostic print out / check and turns out my Turbo is leaking, luckily they will replace under warranty. Phew!

However, the quality of the body work repair is shocking! ripped paintwork from putting trims back on before paint dry, runs, poor finish, uneven spray etc... Insurance are sending out an inspector to review and take it from there.

Oh, and they wont cover the puncture even though they said it may be caused by the incident, but there is no proof as it happened 2 days after getting the car back. That cost me £160!

Grrrrrrrr

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Glad to here you're ok. Remember it's just a car and worst comes to worst just money

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Only about 12 a year get run over at Richmond park. So they have to shoot another 40.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Luckily we're all good and thank god for insurance.
    Your renewal premium might be dear.

RIP

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Don't own up to it for gods sake!

If it was wild then it's owned by the queen, and you will owe her compensation for killing it Many years ago I knew a chap that popped a deer up by the hunting lodge in Epping forest. The guy was lucky because Bambi busted its guts through the car windscreen and died in the passenger seat. He was busy moaning to a forest ranger and policeman that turned up to help while the tow truck turned up to drag his Astra to the junk yard. They took his name and address and muttered something about compensation (he thought they would pay him for the dumb beasts actions). Then a few weeks later the bill arrived for the deer...

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    As in this Babe

I know, I was just trying to make things more interesting ( than a bacon sarnie)

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    He might have been referring to this recipe:

Take 2 babes
    Sandwich yourself between them
    As in this Babe

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Sorry to hear that

Hope all is OK.

But on the plus side, WSS:

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Mmmmmmm, bambi stew, bambi steaks, smoked bambi, bbq'd bambi..........

Shame about the car though.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Bummer

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Scarey

this time, it was only the deer that died. poor deer

Leave a comment:

Working...