• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is your greatest weakness?"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
    My greatest weakness has to be the fairer sex.
    My life at present would fill up a week long special on Jeremy Kyle.
    Do tell. The combined effort of the rest of CUK would fill up at most 2 seconds of the researcher's time prior to him rejecting us.

Leave a comment:

• rhubarb
    replied
    My greatest weakness has to be the fairer sex.
    My life at present would fill up a week long special on Jeremy Kyle.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by doomage View Post
    Fair enough. At least you tried.
    And she's kept her binoculars on just in case.

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    <binoculars on>

No still can't see it

</binoculars on>
    Fair enough. At least you tried.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Have been asked this a number of times, always seems to be by a young HR lackey who is sitting in on the interview. I normally cringe inside and give the generic; I [am a perfectionist]/[take my work home with me]/[am too nice] etc etc. One time I answered "I struggle getting out of bed in the mornings, am a nighttime person and am no good at early morning starts". The HR lass never missed a beat, just nodded seriously and noted it down.

I peaked a bit early there, normally wait at least a week into a contract before starting to roll in at 10.

Leave a comment:

• darrenb
    replied
    Any interviewer who asks negative questions is a poor interviewer, because they are giving a bad first impression of the company.

A really good candidate will have options, and may decide to avoid the company altogether... leaving the company blessed with people who can talk until dusk about their weaknesses and so forth.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    I take it your weakness is a fondness for cats? Or the inability to process puerile humour?
    <binoculars on>

No still can't see it

</binoculars on>

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Women Cat Lovers May End Up Killing Themselves

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    My biggest weakness - erm, probably my inability to be modest about my many talents.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    I replied to that one that my previous team would describe me as being very fussy. The interviewer smiled and asked whether that was really a strength? I replied that it depended whether you were a member of my team who wanted to put an incorrectly researched code solution back into source control.
    I'm getting more behind using this question in interviews all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I have an attitude.
    You have a problem.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    I replied to that one that my previous team would describe me as being very fussy. The interviewer smiled and asked whether that was really a strength? I replied that it depended whether you were a member of my team who wanted to put an incorrectly researched code solution back into source control.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    ---ahem---

If it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Not much use for modern databases?
    No, that Baroque Technical Architect they used as a consultant led them up the garden path.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    That's a weakness.

Actually I like cats.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X