• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Contractor Dilema

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractor Dilema"

Collapse

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    "You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

Thanks.
    Originally posted by moggy View Post
    OMG is this the real you

I too can't give you any more rep as yet!
    I've done the decent thing

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    dont treat the symptom, treat the root cause
    +1

Leave a comment:

• exguid
    replied
    I'm with Scoobos, we did 3 months just on the West coast of USA, just as a holiday rather than sabbatical, but I would say it enriched all of us - kids included. And when we came back employers were impressed rather than frightened. If a year sounds like too much just do 6 months - 3's a holiday 6 is more of a break. I would whole heartedly reccommend North America, US & Canada both amazing, plenty to see and do, deserts, mountains, high plains, amazing coast lines. You'd easily fill 6 months, there's no language barrier, it's not too far to get home if anything happens back here but is vastly different in terms of geography, national parks, weather etc. Do it before kids get too settled into schools, plus if you put it off another couple of years you'll probably end up waiting till you retire :-(

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    Apart from a nine year old, kids that age are too young to appreciate a holiday of any length, and the disruption would be major. So dont do it for them.
    You are happy staying on the ride for as long as you can earn, so dont do it for you.
    It's your missus that raised this and you have to do it for her and I would reckon that you are in for some serious sh!te if you dont get it sorted.
    It's not the type of thing that a long holiday will solve, you need a change of lifestyle, a change of pace, give her some attention, some excitement.
    Maybe find someone who will take the kids for a few weeks, and take her on a mad break somewhere. I know a guy who bought a cocktail cabinet, stocked with a few hundred quids worth of gear then suprised her every night with a cocktail whilst wearing only a dicky bow. <cough>

dont treat the symptom, treat the root cause. she is bored sh!tless. make holidays a nice break from the adventurous life you give her

It all gets a lot easier with your third wife, so give it time

EO - DadsNet

OMG is this the real you

I too can't give you any more rep as yet!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

dont treat the symptom, treat the root cause. she is bored sh!tless. make holidays a nice break from the adventurous life you give her

EO - DadsNet

WEOS +1

Get inventive. It doesn't have to be weeks away from the kids, a single night of total spoiling of your woman normally works, anyway its unlikely she will leave the little one for a few weeks.

Leave the Kids with suitable adult and take the wife for a nice meal and fancy hotel on a Saturday night.

Get her running her own business to give her something to keep amused.

Child minding, Sewing, Ironing, Toy making , photography etc all work that can be done by a mother of small children. Get her with other ladies who all moan about their partners and then she might realise that you aren't all that bad after all. She might even realise you work quite hard to provide so she can stay at home.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Apart from a nine year old, kids that age are too young to appreciate a holiday of any length, and the disruption would be major. So dont do it for them.
    You are happy staying on the ride for as long as you can earn, so dont do it for you.
    It's your missus that raised this and you have to do it for her and I would reckon that you are in for some serious sh!te if you dont get it sorted.
    It's not the type of thing that a long holiday will solve, you need a change of lifestyle, a change of pace, give her some attention, some excitement.
    Maybe find someone who will take the kids for a few weeks, and take her on a mad break somewhere. I know a guy who bought a cocktail cabinet, stocked with a few hundred quids worth of gear then suprised her every night with a cocktail whilst wearing only a dicky bow. <cough>

EO - DadsNet

"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

EO - DadsNet

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    We're all too busy keeping our place in the queue.
    Nope, still pathetic.

Come on, do try and move the standards up a little, if you can.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    He must be ninja like. I am impressed.

Slightly bemused at the lack of quality in the 'perceived' insulting today.
    We're all too busy keeping our place in the queue.

Leave a comment:

• Fishface
    replied
    Uruguay

very nice, chilled, not that expensive, kids will learn spanish easy, family friendly place, good medical.

plenty of wine for the missus.

relaxed immigration/overstay/'irregularity'.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Sas has done her up the wrong 'un in the time it took for you to type that.
    He must be ninja like. I am impressed.

Slightly bemused at the lack of quality in the 'perceived' insulting today.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Possibly explains your inability to get cover, and in depth knowledge of the T&C's, I had no idea. Will have to go and get some extra cover then.
    Sas has done her up the wrong 'un in the time it took for you to type that.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I must have nodded off. Good job to have become so professional you can knock the job off so quickly. The quality must have been piss poor mind, as she seemed to need more yesterday afternoon.
    Exactly - she's desperate, she'll take anyone.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Make sure he doesn't get stabbed in an argument. Twatishness will be excluded as a pre-existing condition.
    Possibly explains your inability to get cover, and in depth knowledge of the T&C's, I had no idea. Will have to go and get some extra cover then.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    That's exactly what she said to me, as we enjoyed a post-coital cigarette yesterday lunchtime.
    I must have nodded off. Good job to have become so professional you can knock the job off so quickly. The quality must have been piss poor mind, as she seemed to need more yesterday afternoon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X