• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to pay 1% income tax (apparently)"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Yes I think the penalty is a jolly good dressing down and some quite scary posturing.
    What, one of those silky Japanese style ones with a dragon on the back?

That contravenes human rights, that does.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Isn't there a new law that says tax avoidance is morally illegal?

Or something?
    Yes I think the penalty is a jolly good dressing down and some quite scary posturing.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Isn't there a new law that says tax avoidance is morally illegal?

Or something?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Moved to General as it was never a useful thread in B/C, and (contractorcontractor can consider himself lucky that I did...)

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    42 Surely?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by contractorcontractor View Post
    That's ok you are not expected to understand everything.

But remember, when it comes to law and taxes, ignorance is not an excuse.
    You're are sockie aren't you?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    I'm sorry but what are you talking about
    That's ok you are not expected to understand everything.

But remember, when it comes to law and taxes, ignorance is not an excuse.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well done you,

You have been drinking haven't you?
    Poster of the year? Judging by the standard of your posts, I'd say you did very well.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    If you hide your "perfectly legal tax plan", chances are, you already suspect it isn't legal at all.
    I'm sorry but what are you talking about

Leave a comment:

• porrker
    replied
    Ha, some people dont like others to talk. Instead of a counter argument we have an attempt to silence...

Here is the test:

1) if you are happy for the taxman to see your income, it is avoiding - like stepping out of the way of a car.

2) if you hide income from the taxman, it is evading - like hiding behind a bush.

Simply Avoidance is working within the law. Evasion you are breaking the law.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Ha, some people dont like others to talk. Instead of a counter argument we have an attempt to silence...

Here is the test:

1) if you are happy for the taxman to see your income, it is avoiding - like stepping out of the way of a car.

2) if you hide income from the taxman, it is evading - like hiding behind a bush.
    You have been drinking haven't you?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    There is a big difference between perfectly legal tax planning which is referred to as tax avoidance and the criminal act of tax evasion
    If you hide your "perfectly legal tax plan", chances are, you already suspect it isn't legal at all.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You really must learn about the actual situation if you are going to try and rant. Stops you looking stupid.
    Mr Northerner, I think you have spoken on the Security Cleared thread.

If so, here is something to think about. If you are secuity cleared and hide global income from the taxman, you are at risk of blackmail. If so, you could/would/should lose your security clearance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X