• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: England vs Ukraine

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "England vs Ukraine"

Collapse

• oscarose
    replied
    According to Talksport this morning, Rooney’s goal cost BetFred £250,000 so he’s seemingly still the punter’s choice.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Let's not forget that the game against France was also bad.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Rooney was very rusty after only 45 minutes in more than a month. He needed match time, that's why he stayed on to nearly the end.

Roy is paid to make strategic decisions like that, rather than react like a typical bloke in a pub to a few misplaced passes.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Rooney hadn't the benefit of two games to get into it. So I would at least give him another chance since he will also be very un-tired.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Originally posted by oscarose View Post
    The volatile Balotelli may be seen as too risky for a QF against England.
    Let's hope he plays.
    I hope that's the case, we'll need all the help we can get.

I thought the non-Rooney side showed great promise, fight and determination, the one last night was very similar to Capellos World cup embarassment; everyone looks scared to be in possession.

When will england managers learn that Rooney is a gamble. Sure he got his lucky header but he missed 3 that carroll would have put in, and with our nervous nature on the ball in midfield and defence we can't afford to miss clear cut chances.

Don't change a winning side etc.

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    PaddyPower could run a book called "Path to the Bath" between Rooney and Balotelli.

Or call it "Race for Red". Or something else.
    The volatile Balotelli may be seen as too risky for a QF against England.
    Let's hope he plays.
    Last edited by oscarose; 20 June 2012, 08:37.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Mainly looking forward to seeing Balotelli getting in a punch-up with at least 2 England players.
    PaddyPower could run a book called "Path to the Bath" between Rooney and Balotelli.

Or call it "Race for Red". Or something else.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Mainly looking forward to seeing Balotelli getting in a punch-up with at least 2 England players.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Incorrect. Italy struggled a bit against the worst team here - Ireland.
    They will be favoruites but it will be a one goal difference if they win.
    bookies have england/italy at 13/8 and cant split them

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    It's nailed on that we'll lose to Zee Germans on pens in the semis.

The media will welcome the team back as heros. Arise Sir Woy.

qh

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I called the England 3 games correct. A draw in the first match and just wins in the last 2 games.

Italy will bleach you, you will have no quarter from them and I would expect them to take a 2-0 or 3-0 win.
    Incorrect. Italy struggled a bit against the worst team here - Ireland.
    They will be favoruites but it will be a one goal difference if they win.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Oh might guru, please do tell - can they adapt to yet another loss?
    I don't know, you're used to failure - tell me how it feels to be England

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Another? When was the first one?

Call me a silly old bugger, but I would have preferred Spain in the quarters. We know them (and Barcelona), and teams are learning how to counteract them. But what do we know about Italy?

No matter, we won the group, a success that was unexpected in most quarters!
    I called the England 3 games correct. A draw in the first match and just wins in the last 2 games.

Italy will bleach you, you will have no quarter from them and I would expect them to take a 2-0 or 3-0 win.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Another? When was the first one?

Call me a silly old bugger, but I would have preferred Spain in the quarters. We know them (and Barcelona), and teams are learning how to counteract them. But what do we know about Italy?

No matter, we won the group, a success that was unexpected in most quarters!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    For once you are right. Who'd have thought it: a resilient, adaptive English side.
    I think we've got the beating of Italy, I wouldn't have thought that of Spain.
    England are the dark horses of this tournament now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X