• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "That's it - my youth is over"

Collapse

• Bacchus
    replied
    Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
    I really need a pair but am clinging on for just a wee bit longer - I've started moving glasses slightly further down the nose (short sight improving) and peering over at small text (long sight worsening) .. ahhh
    Similar eyesight by the sounds, but I have started reading emails on the blackberry under the specs

Ain't no-one gonna confuse me for a ninja...

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    All you need to do is to stay alive for the next 5-6 years, then stem cells will regenerate every single human organ, including your c (damn keyboard!).

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    No, youth's over when you buy a pair of reading glasses and then rest them on the end of your nose and leer at people over the rim of the glasses.

No, youth's over when you hanker to join a bowls club, as I gather the ex-Pacharan did.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    Some might say your good looks were over with the first pair, eh specy 4 eyes?
    I'm not sure my good looks every started.

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
    You're a contractor FFS - get them lasered !!

HTH
    No way. No how. The way I look at it - no pain, no pain.

Leave a comment:

• SunnyInHades
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Just got my first pair of multifocal lenses.
    I really need a pair but am clinging on for just a wee bit longer - I've started moving glasses slightly further down the nose (short sight improving) and peering over at small text (long sight worsening) .. ahhh

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Like this bloke?

Nah!

I'm much better looking

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post

Makes me look intelligent and worldly wise

Like this bloke?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    No, youth's over when you buy a pair of reading glasses and then rest them on the end of your nose and leer at people over the rim of the glasses.

Makes me look intelligent and worldly wise

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Do you need a chain on them so you can hang them round your neck (ala Larry Grayson when he presented the Generation Game). If you remember that then it is another sign that your youth has gone.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Nah, you just need think about a change in style. Get a pair of these in bifocal, a long leather coat and you will be the coolest bifocal wearer on the planet..just have to invent a stupid name...

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    You're a contractor FFS - get them lasered !!

HTH

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Just got my first pair of multifocal lenses.
    Some might say your good looks were over with the first pair, eh specy 4 eyes?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X