• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Jubilee Moaners

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jubilee Moaners"

Collapse

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    They stopped playing pop music for a week when Diana went.
    But they did do us a favour by playing Oasis' "Don't go away" so much that everybody was sick to the back teeth of it and the band was never heard of again.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    That's how TV works nowadays. Nobody watches things because they are good any more. People watch things they don't like, ironically, so they can bitch about them on Twitter.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It's much easier to avoid things when you don't spend all day deliberately 'bumping into' them in order to vent your feelings.

As for hoping she doesn't make it to the next one... I'd rather a weekend of parties and cheerful flags than weeks of dirge music and having to pretend we're terribly upset. They stopped playing pop music for a week when Diana went.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    LOOKING, ARE YOU ******* JOKING!?? You can't avoid the Jubilee its ramed down everyones throat, it's almost finished thank God, and she wont make another one I hope.
    I avoided it.

Wasn't difficult, I had other stuff to do instead which I deemed to be more important.

Of course, I don't spend all my waking hours out of work glued to the TV
    Last edited by Spacecadet; 5 June 2012, 20:55.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    When is the Jubilee? Have I missed it?

MF in 'Still the forum Walter' Mode.
    ftfy.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    When is the Jubilee? Have I missed it?

MF in 'Still Invoicing' Mode.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Stuff on TV overdone but some local things were good. There was a tank rolling past my house yesterday.
    Oil, gas or water?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Stuff on TV overdone but some local things were good. There was a tank rolling past my house yesterday.
    That was just chavs nicking the central heating from next door

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I'm currently watching Jubilee:

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    You'd think they have nothing better to do but instead they spend all weekend watching TV programmes about a celebration they think is a waste of money, then spend more time posting on the internet about how wrong it all is. Two things spring to mind

1. Are they that sad that they have to spend a four day weekend looking for ways to be offended?

2. How many had the balls to go and make the same complaints at their local street party? I'm guessing zero
    LOOKING, ARE YOU ******* JOKING!?? You can't avoid the Jubilee its ramed down everyones throat, it's almost finished thank God, and she wont make another one I hope.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Haven't watched actually. Now if the shops were closed and it was rains cats and dogs...maybe. But there is that DVD collection of Minder I have...

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by BigTime View Post
    Mmmmmm!

Leave a comment:

• BigTime
    replied
    For Mich: http://media.mademan.com/chickipedia...mb_585x795.jpg

I haven't had time for street parties or watching that rubbish on telly with all the tennis on, work to do and posting crap here in between.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    The secret of good humour is not to milk the joke
    I'm not joking. I would.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X