• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Thought I'd better show my face...."

Collapse

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Could anyone point point to noob instructions for this kind of thing please?

I only have a webcam on my laptop, I have no idea about software/hardware specs for this kind of thing...

Would it be similar to K2P2's Tit Watch?
    This is the sort of thing I am looking at, although will be discussing with my electrician when he comes around.

4 Camera CCTV kit

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Could anyone point point to noob instructions for this kind of thing please?

I only have a webcam on my laptop, I have no idea about software/hardware specs for this kind of thing...

Would it be similar to K2P2's Tit Watch?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    TBH you will probably find fitting the dummys will be as much use as an all singing dancing unit. All the cctc will show is the hooded yobs doing the place over AFTER the event. Stopping them trying at all is the first priority and just having them an the wall will suffice there IMO.

I would be interested if someone could come up with stats to show that system upwards of £1K prevents more incidents than a set of dummys on the wall.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    The Brillo approach has stopped the local scrots from hitting the local area. They know someone has dodgy mates just not sure who so give the street a very wide berth.
    Dont talk about Diver and Spod like that. But on second thoughts.....

This post should make breakfast with Diver on Thursday next week quite fun!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Trying to decide whether to go for POE (Power over Internet) or just a standalone system wired. Also had 700TVL recommended for clarity.

Was tempted to get totally wireless, but couldn't be @rsed with battery changing and all that malarky.

My advisor is coming around soon to go through all the options for quality v VFM, IP v Normal wired etc...
    On scan they also have these little wireless units that send the feed to a little box and write to a SD card. I don't know how good they are, but it means that if somebody did break in they wouldn't just break your CCTV system so that you couldn't get any pictures off it. You could hide these little units anywhere (within reason obviously)

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Trying to decide whether to go for POE (Power over Ethernet) or just a standalone system wired. Also had 700TVL recommended for clarity.

Was tempted to get totally wireless, but couldn't be @rsed with battery changing and all that malarky.

My advisor is coming around soon to go through all the options for quality v VFM, IP v Normal wired etc...

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    It makes a difference in your house has one and the one next door does not. It's all about getting the scrote to pick the easiest option by making sure your house looks a tougher nut to crack than others on your street.

I'm thinking of getting cameras on mine also

CnM Secure 8 Channel 500GB DVR CCTV with 2 Bullet + 2 Dome Cameras - SK-8CH-2I2D-5-C - Scan.co.uk
    Trying to decide whether to go for POE (Power over Internet) or just a standalone system wired. Also had 700TVL recommended for clarity.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    It makes a difference in your house has one and the one next door does not. It's all about getting the scrote to pick the easiest option by making sure your house looks a tougher nut to crack than others on your street.

CnM Secure 8 Channel 500GB DVR CCTV with 2 Bullet + 2 Dome Cameras - SK-8CH-2I2D-5-C - Scan.co.uk
    Highly disappointed, when I read dome and bullet I was hoping for something made by OCP

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by BigTime View Post
    Get a dog
    We have and he's utterly useless. I would say that he needs to grow a pair, but then we did have them chopped off when he did!

Leave a comment:

• BigTime
    replied
    Get a dog

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied

WBBS

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Having discussed this with crime prevention officers and loss adjusters in the past alarms don't make much difference.

The Brillo approach has stopped the local scrots from hitting the local area. They know someone has dodgy mates just not sure who so give the street a very wide berth.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    It is now...
    WCS, well will be soon and 4 external cameras too.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Serious question: Was the house fitted with a decent quality alarm system?
    Having discussed this with crime prevention officers and loss adjusters in the past alarms don't make much difference.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    It is now...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X