• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Could be sort of Boomed"

Collapse

• Kelstar
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I hate to say it but a telephone interview for a permie role is hardly boomed.
    + 1

Tread with caution. This week I've been sucking on a bitter pill...

After being courted for 7 months, and enticed with a big fat salary, good role and great location I gave in to interview for perm position with a medium size consultancy (come from Big 4).

2 HR interviews
    1 peer "chat"
    1 Managing Director Interview
    3 Partner Interviews

Over the course of 3 days in 3 different locations, the swines came back with a final offer base £10k below the minimum I agreed to even enterain them with. Sods!

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    or to the others...

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    IBM?
    No comment!

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    CUK?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    HAL?

Leave a comment:

• CodeCobbler
    replied
    BBC?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by scooby View Post

Nope, but the amount of letters is correct!

IBM?

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    Well done that man. Plus you will have the advantage of half your salary being taken as tax on a convenient monthly basis. None of this taxed annually on profits nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    You sound really happy in your current contract role, so why even consider this permie road-warrior job? Why did you look at it in the first place?
    Looooong story (well not really, but it is boring!). They approached me at the beginning of April and its all just moving forward now. Its a company I've always really wanted to work for to be honest, and that is the only reason I want to discuss more.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    BAE?
    Nope, but the amount of letters is correct!

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Oh yeah!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    You sound really happy in your current contract role, so why even consider this permie road-warrior job? Why did you look at it in the first place?

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    main offices is in Portsmouth (can you guess who?).
    BAE?

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Obviously, I will try and twist it to a contract role, but i doubt it! Using the calcs, i cant believe how much you lose as a perm...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Honestly, its the travel. I'd love the new dept, but large companies do this regular and can close them quickly leaving me exposed. I can cope with. it's the going back to possibly being on the road loads especially as one of the main offices is in Portsmouth (can you guess who?).
    Personally when I used to travel I loved the glamour for the first few weeks. And the parties! Then it became seriously annoying. I longed for 'home'.

What advice do you want to hear?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X