• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "17 May 1971 Remembered"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I do sometimes wonder why we allow "TykeMerc" to continue.
    Because you need someone to feel superior to?

Will TM fall foul of the CUK law that says no-one will cause the mods unnecessary work? I hope not...

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    why not make your own sockie?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Resurrecting ancient threads (which would get others a slapping from the mods)...
    I must have missed that memo.

Those sockie examples differ greatly from the raft of trolling socks you tolerate, they have comedy value, some wit and novelty, plus they're only used to post infrequently which makes them amusing. Chalk and cheese.
    If not having these trolling sockies around is immaterial then do those of us that find them and their pathetic affectations objectionable a favour and exterminate them.
    I do sometimes wonder why we allow "TykeMerc" to continue.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Because I miss those chaps.

I am calm. What does jeez mean? Are you calm?
    Of course you do.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Just another dogtulipe on the pavement of CUK General.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    jeez calm down it's only a forum....

Because I miss those chaps.

I am calm. What does jeez mean? Are you calm?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    jeez calm down it's only a forum....

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I miss those chaps and their bonhomie.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Resurrecting ancient threads (which would get others a slapping from the mods) is allowable to the stable of untouchable sockies, didn't you know that?
    cojak gave me a very nice slapping once.

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    I don't worry about what happens in General.
    If only that were true.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Those sockie examples differ greatly from the raft of trolling socks you tolerate, they have comedy value, some wit and novelty, plus they're only used to post infrequently which makes them amusing. Chalk and cheese.
    If not having these trolling sockies around is immaterial then do those of us that find them and their pathetic affectations objectionable a favour and exterminate them.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Nah, it's what Fullyautomatix said.

You prefer the traffic to troll extermination, shame so many of the real posters have left over the last few years while the sockpuppets were allowed to proliferate.
    Sockies have always been part of this forum, Spartactus, James Tiberius Kirk, the Daleks to name but a few. Some that are called out as sockies have been real posters, it's hard to say sometimes and to be honest I have way too much to do to check every poster. Yes, Zoco, Pacha, Buggeridge do all appear to be the same poster - have banned a few before but they always come back so again not worth the effort. In all honesty as long as the business sections of the forum are giving good advice to people who are looking for help then I don't worry about what happens in General. Regular posters come and go and the forum has peaks and troughs in terms of traffic due to this and it doesn't worry me in the slightest. You have called sockie on several occasions and it hasn't been true, just because someone asks a question we all know the answer too, or it is phrased oddly, it doesn't make the person a regular on the wind-up. People move on and I don't think the volume of posts from the puppet master in question even raises the forum traffic by 0.1% so having them / not having them is immaterial.

Just looking and Pacha has already been banned so sometimes we can be arsed to can them, but only if they prove to be more trouble than they are worth. I don't see the odd sockie being enough to put new or regular old posters off from posting here. I know some regular posters have moved on as their businesses or lives have changed, some have just drifted away and some have gone to the great contractor pool in the sky. Life moves on and changes and so does the forum.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    We also do it to grind TM's gears.
    Nah, it's what Fullyautomatix said.

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Well that is what I suspected and Admin has confirmed it. The obvious trolls are allowed to post just to make the forum appear busy.
    You prefer the traffic to troll extermination, shame so many of the real posters have left over the last few years while the sockpuppets were allowed to proliferate.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    We also do it to grind TM's gears.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Only one of us is that thick. The same one that is stupid enough to let PITA posters back in time and time again

I don't mind the Pacha / Zoco / Buggeridge / Gittins posts, they very occasionally add a little light to an otherwise dull and dreary day.
    Well that is what I suspected and Admin has confirmed it. The obvious trolls are allowed to post just to make the forum appear busy.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Wtf did this thread get regurgitation?
    Resurrecting ancient threads (which would get others a slapping from the mods) is allowable to the stable of untouchable sockies, didn't you know that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X