• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The term racist is used too often"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    How many 13 year olds do you know at university? The group you speak of are consenting adults doing what comes naturally.
    I think you've got yourself confused. It's the fact our culture says getting paralytic and having loose sex is "natural" which leads to what we were discussing in the first place:
    She also said "Behaving like a white girl" is a common phrase used to criticize an Asian girls behaviour if they do something that is disapproved of.
    I'm pretty sure Asian mothers don't level this this comparison at their 13yo daughter when she has been raped, but when they act as our society is says is "what comes naturally".

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    What is annoying is that "racist" is almost never used except about white people, despite the totally racist things that happen in all cultures. Like this item today:

British Man Arrested In China For Sexual Indecency After Apparent Assault On Woman Captured On Video | World News | Sky News

Later in the video the group of men repeatedly kick him as he lies on the ground.

"He wanted to rape a Chinese girl", says one of the men, while another calls him a "stinking… foreigner who does whatever he wants in China."
    When a foreigner/BME rapes a British girl, and it happens rather a lot in certain groups, people spout all the usual excuses, it's due to marginalisation, just one rotten apple among so many wonderful, hard working people etc etc. People are people and we need to stop these ridiculous double standards that just create resentment. If any group has major problems that threaten us, resentment is natural, why are the British expected to be saints?

Nobody is suggesting that there are not very useful sorts in any group but we are entitled to ask why those who are not, those who need welfare or social housing, are criminal or have major chronic illness, who do not believe in sexual equality, freedom of religion or democracy or who do believe in genital mutilation, honour killing, witchcraft or creationism are allowed residence in the UK at all. They should not be.

If they addressed the real problem of too many like that without all this pretence it would be the decent members of minority groups who would benefit the most. Some probably have as many concerns as we do as they are the main victims in most cases. It is very rare for a decent black kid to be murdered by white racists, most are murdered by other black youths.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    How a culture presents itself has nothing to do with the majority, only the majority of those who are noticed.

Also, I would certainly dispute only the minority of those at university aren't up for getting drunk and having loose sex. Culturally this is the done thing at that age.
    How many 13 year olds do you know at university? The group you speak of are consenting adults doing what comes naturally.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    You're stuck in the dark ages
    You say that as if it's a bad thing.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Not in my book, matey!
    You're stuck in the dark ages

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    There you go again, I would be willing to bet the strumpets you talk of are still in the minority no mater where they are from.
    How a culture presents itself has nothing to do with the majority, only the majority of those who are noticed.

Also, I would certainly dispute only the minority of those at university aren't up for getting drunk and having loose sex. Culturally this is the done thing at that age.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    No that's OK too these days.
    Not in my book, matey!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I was focusing on English and American.
    There you go again, I would be willing to bet the strumpets you talk of are still in the minority no mater where they are from.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    If you're a girl, no!
    No that's OK too these days.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Are all white girls hedonistic or are you generalising?
    I was focusing on English and American.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    But it's OK to behave like a white boy?
    If you're a girl, no!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Quite an apt criticism too from any culture which doesn't embrace hedonism and putting self first.
    But it's OK to behave like a white boy?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Quite an apt criticism too from any culture which doesn't embrace hedonism and putting self first.
    Are all white girls hedonistic or are you generalising?

Should pedo's stop behaving like paki's?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    She also said "Behaving like a white girl" is a common phrase used to criticize an Asian girls behaviour if they do something that is disapproved of.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    This thread is still going.

My threads about fluffy kittens always sink without trace.
    If you do it right and put enough bricks in the sack they should.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X