• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Leaking window frames - How to fix?"

Collapse

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    ....still can't quite get used to a bird knowing about this kind of stuff
    Well it is my job

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Sounds like you could do with some rubber sheets. Didn't you get a jumbo pack when your rep was taken away?
    People who live in S&M dungeons shouldn't throw rubber dildos.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Sounds like you could do with some rubber sheets. Didn't you get a jumbo pack when your rep was taken away?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I did do. I had it booked. As with what seems all workmen, he didn't show up. As it's a temp solution only I thought I'd do it. I mean what could go wrong? It's not as if I've got an Emu.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Surely, just get some round to do it for you ? Saves a lot of hassle, mess and won't cost the earth to do.
    I did do. I had it booked. As with what seems all workmen, he didn't show up. As it's a temp solution only I thought I'd do it. I mean what could go wrong? It's not as if I've got an Emu.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    That looks something like it. Highest point in the bloody house. I hate ladders.
    Surely, just get some round to do it for you ? Saves a lot of hassle, mess and won't cost the earth to do.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Just remember this is a temporary fix, you really need to get this resolved permanently, how old is the house as an initial guess would be that the DPC (damp proof course) or cavity tray has failed.
    If you leave this be then the water will get into the cavity & rot any insulation you may have & get on to the inner skin & then into the house & low & behold its rotten plasterboard, skirting’s etc.
    ....still can't quite get used to a bird knowing about this kind of stuff

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Excellent cheers. Just used it. Like toffee.

Just remember this is a temporary fix, you really need to get this resolved permanently, how old is the house as an initial guess would be that the DPC (damp proof course) or cavity tray has failed.
    If you leave this be then the water will get into the cavity & rot any insulation you may have & get on to the inner skin & then into the house & low & behold its rotten plasterboard, skirting’s etc.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Excellent cheers. Just used it. Like toffee. No thanks, well done from Mrs MF of course, no just a moan that you could see the stuff from the road. FFS!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Buy new house.

DP

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    You need.... a scaffold tower ( i hate working off ladders so invested in one of these
    ... Oh and bonus points if you put it through your company

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    IMO you gotta get this sorted once and for all. I had problem with a leak in the roof and it took bloody ages to sort. All the guys that I got in had this annoying saying something along the lines of 'Water finds it's own way' which was their code for 'We haven't got a ****** clue but will charge you to try'.

Sticking a bit of this and a bit of that won't work and will end up pushing it somewhere you don't see until your wall falls down. Worth spending it a bit to save alot.
    It's supposed to be a temporary solution when said 'handy man' is going to do the guttering, roof & pointing. I've got video of the water coming through. It was quite gobsmacking.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    That looks something like it. Highest point in the bloody house. I hate ladders.
    You need.... a scaffold tower ( i hate working off ladders so invested in one of these

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I know it's wet, but I'm not turning the fecking house into an ark!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    IMO you gotta get this sorted once and for all. I had problem with a leak in the roof and it took bloody ages to sort. All the guys that I got in had this annoying saying something along the lines of 'Water finds it's own way' which was their code for 'We haven't got a ****** clue but will charge you to try'.

Sticking a bit of this and a bit of that won't work and will end up pushing it somewhere you don't see until your wall falls down. Worth spending it a bit to save alot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X