• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bloody planning permission!"

Collapse

• psychocandy
    replied
    Now I'm all for people having an opinion but I see the planning system as a bit of flawed system. It opens itself up to all sorts of abuse surely for people with nothing better to do with their lives.

Why not just have planning laws that are black and white? If you want to do something, then as long as its legal, why does it matter what the neighbours think?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Never, ever, comment on a planning application. I wrote in support of a footpath diversion around a local farmhouse and have been getting umpteen page documents through my letter box practically every week since.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    MrsBP does not let me near the neighbours. JUst in case.
    That's because you would shag them not rip up their lawn.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    It doesn't matter if it's one inch, three or a foot - you are encroaching upon somebody else space, not as a one off but as regular occurrence. Your attitude that it doesn't matter is symptomatic of the lack of consideration towards others endemic in this society.
    If it was my strip of land you would by now have had your tyres shredded
    chavtastic!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Precisely. Good relations with your neighbours is a prize to be cherished and nurtured. Talk to them.
    MrsBP does not let me near the neighbours. JUst in case.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I think if it was your land, he'd have moved.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    It doesn't matter if it's one inch, three or a foot - you are encroaching upon somebody else space, not as a one off but as regular occurrence. Your attitude that it doesn't matter is symptomatic of the lack of consideration towards others endemic in this society.
    Precisely. Good relations with your neighbours is a prize to be cherished and nurtured. Talk to them.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I'm converting my detached garage into an office, I have sufficient parking for 9 cars on my driveway, do you think this will be sufficient?
    Not for when you hold the cuk annual party round there.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Lawn no. Patch of mud with weeds on yes. and 3 inches of it at the edge.

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Granted it sounds like nothing, but if you see he has put something there to stop you doing it, then surely if you bring it up and explain and give him an opportunity to say something then it puts it to bed.

Chances are he is going to say no worries anyway, or he would have come out and said something straight away.. why on earth someone would want to live next door to someone and let something that has the potential to fester go unsaid is certainly beyond me.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    if someone's right to light is infringed and/or if the planning officer is a jobsworth that is probably what will happen.
    It's a fair point, if I do get a jobsworth - but my mitigating argument would be that we built the garage 300mm lower than the house so, in theory, they would be no worse off then if we had built it as per plans and be a foot shorter.

More shyte I don't need.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
    ...in theory I guess they could make me take the roof off and make it the correct height which would be a nightmare...
    if someone's right to light is infringed and/or if the planning officer is a jobsworth that is probably what will happen.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by moggy View Post
    all he had to do was ask you not to drive on his lawn?

maybe all you had to do was mention that you'd noticed he had put the planters there to stop you driving over his property and you would be a good neighbour and he wouldn't be complaining about your planning application...

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    er... so you got permission for a 15 foot tall extension but made it 16 feet and you're mad because you have to go through the permissions again? seems fairly logical, reasonable and proper to me. mind you, you'll be *really* mad if you have to take it down.
    I'm only mad because of the scrotey neighbours at the back grassing me up to the council! Its not my fault if they used to look over a lushous green pasture and then I bought the land and turned it into CP Towers.

They can't make me take it down as I have PP for a 15' garage, but in theory I guess they could make me take the roof off and make it the correct height which would be a nightmare...

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied

lift

HTH
    There is an Addison Lee taxi depot over between Camden and Euston and they have a load of these lift parking units so they can fit twice as many cars into the same area.

Clever idea.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X