• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to kill time when you're on the beach?"

Collapse

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
    Juan les pins?
    Yup

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
    Love that area, hope you have fun.
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    What's the best way to spend your time between contracts other than on the beach?

And, what's a usual amount of time to sit under the sun?

Basically, i'm at work and bored now...
    just had a week in Turkey, the whole week consisted of eating drinking sleeping followed by more eating drinking sleeping followed by more eati!!!!!! you get the idea.

I did do some excercise, i would occasionally get off the sunbed and swim across the pool to the bar then walk back with my beer

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I'm not a beach person. I much prefer the pool and waiter service.

The only beaches we "do" are the ones in the South of France where it's €20 per day for a sunbed and umbrella, free mineral water, the sand is raked, they have little Thai people who give you massages and then they reserve you a table for lunch on the terrasse. Two weeks and counting.....
    Juan les pins?

I lived with a French girl in Frejus for a summer. I remember all of the fenced off areas, raked beaches. Preferred diving off the cliffs at St Aygulf with all the local idiots, but I was very young and having fun.

Love that area, hope you have fun.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I'm not a beach person. I much prefer the pool and waiter service.

The only beaches we "do" are the ones in the South of France where it's €20 per day for a sunbed and umbrella, free mineral water, the sand is raked, they have little Thai people who give you massages and then they reserve you a table for lunch on the terrasse. Two weeks and counting.....

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    We do too, live about 15 mins from the beach and are moving closer this summer.

Nothing better in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I spend as much time on the beach as possible:

The guy on the left does it as his plan A!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    What's the best way to spend your time between contracts other than on the beach?
    Working on your plan B obviously.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    We call them grockles up my way.
    I havent heard grockle before?

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Count the grains of sand.
    Ooops nearly spurted cola out of my nose. I once knew a fiercely cornish guy who used to scowl at people on holidays with their buckets, in his words "stealing our sand".

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Count the grains of sand.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    Indeed. Emmits/out of towners, always end up feeding them though

They really are scum (seagulls that is).

If you ever do make it out of the office anyone, let me know and I can teach you to surf
    We call them grockles up my way.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    We can tell.

My only advise is be wary of seagulls they are worse than agents (sorry I meant rats)
    Indeed. Emmits/out of towners, always end up feeding them though

They really are scum (seagulls that is).

If you ever do make it out of the office anyone, let me know and I can teach you to surf

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Remember, it still takes a minimum of six weeks to get a sofa for your sand castle.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied

Winter sun, I can do 3 - 4 months, but I usually do some traveling and a sport.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    We can tell.

My only advise is be wary of seagulls they are worse than agents (sorry I meant rats)

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic How to kill time when you're on the beach?

How to kill time when you're on the beach?

Working...
X