• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to kill time when you're on the beach?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We do too, live about 15 mins from the beach and are moving closer this summer.

Nothing better in my opinion.

Comment

I'm not a beach person. I much prefer the pool and waiter service.

The only beaches we "do" are the ones in the South of France where it's €20 per day for a sunbed and umbrella, free mineral water, the sand is raked, they have little Thai people who give you massages and then they reserve you a table for lunch on the terrasse. Two weeks and counting.....
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        I'm not a beach person. I much prefer the pool and waiter service.

The only beaches we "do" are the ones in the South of France where it's €20 per day for a sunbed and umbrella, free mineral water, the sand is raked, they have little Thai people who give you massages and then they reserve you a table for lunch on the terrasse. Two weeks and counting.....
        Juan les pins?

I lived with a French girl in Frejus for a summer. I remember all of the fenced off areas, raked beaches. Preferred diving off the cliffs at St Aygulf with all the local idiots, but I was very young and having fun.

Love that area, hope you have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          What's the best way to spend your time between contracts other than on the beach?

And, what's a usual amount of time to sit under the sun?

Basically, i'm at work and bored now...
          just had a week in Turkey, the whole week consisted of eating drinking sleeping followed by more eating drinking sleeping followed by more eati!!!!!! you get the idea.

I did do some excercise, i would occasionally get off the sunbed and swim across the pool to the bar then walk back with my beer

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
            Juan les pins?
            Yup

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
            Love that area, hope you have fun.
            Thank you!
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
            X