• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hampshire Corporate Park Eastleigh, Aviva...Parking available for contractors..??"

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Aviva aren't the contractor's employer so why should they?

And even if they were the employer they can decide it is NOT an employee perk due to it involving parking in an urban area.
    They are a disguised employer, and if they want talent like Darren, they are going to have to up their game.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Sure. But Aviva should be picking up the tab.
    Aviva aren't the contractor's employer so why should they?

And even if they were the employer they can decide it is NOT an employee perk due to it involving parking in an urban area.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I was thinking about Lockhouse's household diversifying into bike hire as well as parking.
    Sure. But Aviva should be picking up the tab.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Whoa there Susie! Who said anything about paying for a basic disguised employee perk?
    I was thinking about Lockhouse's household diversifying into bike hire as well as parking.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    You could simply start a bike hire company and add the cost to the parking rate so he can cycle himself to the site.
    Whoa there Susie! Who said anything about paying for a basic disguised employee perk?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    If he wants to start work at 5.15 and doesn't mind sitting on the front of my bike for 20 minutes, then yes.
    You could simply start a bike hire company and add the cost to the parking rate so he can cycle himself to the site.

Leave a comment:

• SteelyDan
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I'm sure there's more, but I left my copy of Contractor Uk Moderating Techniques in the car park at Bridgewater Services
    Is that car park available for contractors?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    If he wants to start work at 5.15 and doesn't mind sitting on the front of my bike for 20 minutes, then yes.
    Does he get a share of the bicycle additional passenger mileage rate?

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Could you drop him in in the mornings with his packed lunch?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I live in Eastleigh. I'd say park on my drive but I'm not within walking distance.
    Could you drop him in in the mornings with his packed lunch?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Pretty sure I was staying in the premier inn near Eastleigh the day/night/morning Michael Jackson died...

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I live in Eastleigh. I'd say park on my drive but I'm not within walking distance.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
    Shouldnt this thread be in General? It is a bit of an effing joke.
    Good point. Duly moved.

It meets one of the criteria of being in General:
    1. Was it started by Darren?
    2. Is it a question/comment unrelated to actual contracting?

I'm sure there's more, but I left my copy of Contractor Uk Moderating Techniques in the car park at Bridgewater Services

Leave a comment:

• washed up contractor
    replied
    Shouldnt this thread be in General? It is a bit of an effing joke.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Do you have something useful to contribute about Aviva parking arrangements?
    Blimey...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X