• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Suggestion for Apple"

Collapse

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    My 60gb/12000 song library is managed by iTunes beautifully, I have it synced between multiple computers via dropbox and when I moved from an iPhone to Android the sync'ing was just as easy.
    Really? Whats your internet speed, if a typical ADSL connection that must have taken days. I must have a 30gb library and i probably listen to 1% of it. So dont feel the need to have all those songs with me that I never listen to. If apples networked properly you would have just connected them together and copied the files.

People often miss the why part of an equation with computers dont they.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    I may say the same thing to you, since I am not the one with the over inflated ego .... Note what happened to MF .....
    Look, MF had a cashflow issue and he had chosen to make a tenner a month in a stupid ISA/creditcard arbitrage rather than keep up with his monthly payments to the CUK Supreme Council.

Needless to say I would not be making the same mistake - I know where my priorities lie

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Nobody.

You're on thin ******* ice my pedigree chum, and I shall be under it when it breaks. Now, **** off.

I may say the same thing to you, since I am not the one with the over inflated ego .... Note what happened to MF .....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Who am I supposed to neg rep in retaliation now?
    Nobody.

You're on thin ******* ice my pedigree chum, and I shall be under it when it breaks. Now, **** off.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Sorry, it was wrong login ...

Who am I supposed to neg rep in retaliation now?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I appreciate you responding to me unlike realityhack who just left neg.
    Sorry, it was wrong login ...

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Both the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro (the only current MacBook models) have aluminium cases. Don't tell me somebody sold you a spray-painted Dell with an Apple sticker on the lid?
    I appreciate you responding to me unlike realityhack who just left neg.

The OH's work has authentic apple equipment. She has just got a pro 7.1. Yes, it is aluminium in the most part, but the only firm parts are the bottom, sides, and screen edging which I like and she doesnt. The aluminium (or what feels like plastic because it flexes so much) on the palm rest is so flimsy and awful, it resembles cheap plastic IMHO. The keyboard plastic itself is cheap, nasty and clacky. Try typing on a macbook, it's horribly noisy. The first night the OH did, I needed an asprin. I really hate how the whole laptop bows as one types.

She hates how new macbooks now dont have grip on the bottom, so it slides all over and is either hot or really cold on one's lap.

So we both hate different aspects of the macbook, but combine our feedback and we hate the laptop in its entirety.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

My 60gb/12000 song library is managed by iTunes beautifully, I have it synced between multiple computers via dropbox and when I moved from an iPhone to Android the sync'ing was just as easy.
    There's always one isn't there - A clever clogs with everything under control

Once was enough for me. All those file managers are the same, wanting to take over and digest your files like a giant amoeba, never to release them. Or that was my impression with iTunes.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    is it the type of option that a newbie will only find after the damage has already been done?
    +1 it did the same thing to me even when I knew what it was going to do and having corrected the location to the correct directory.

Turns out that once you've set the correct directory you need to restart itunes

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post

"It just works"!
    Like magic

Although you did roll your eyes on more than one occasion when I asked you to transfer stuff....

It takes some getting used to. That's for sure. Not convinced I'll ever send another text messgae that doesn't take 10 bloody minutes to type ..... not ideal when trying to juggle the phone and baby who really wants to chew on the shiny new thing that looks like it might make a good teething yoke!!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    WHS

Mounting the device via USB connection and copying files directly is how it should work
    Works like that just fine on my iPod. If you don't like how iPhones manage things, get a different phone you twit.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    It's all part of growing up
    Like becoming a permie

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Stop using cheap plastics in your new macbooks.

With the amount the consumers pay for the hardware, is it too much to ask to have real brush aluminium, rather than cheap plastic imitations that flex under chubby fingers weight?
    Both the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro (the only current MacBook models) have aluminium cases. Don't tell me somebody sold you a spray-painted Dell with an Apple sticker on the lid?

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Dear Apple

Stop using cheap plastics in your new macbooks.

With the amount the consumers pay for the hardware, is it too much to ask to have real brush aluminium, rather than cheap plastic imitations that flex under chubby fingers weight?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X