• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any tips on getting to sleep?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Sleep comes easy to one who lives a pure life free from moral corruption and the sense of well being that comes from living a blameless life.

That and 10 pints of bitter should see you right!
    So how do any of my kids ever sleep? Oh yeah, its the 10 pints of bitter I feed them.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Alternatively,

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied

qh

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    A big fat spliff got to be Indica though keep of the Sativa.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    The amount of exercise BrilloPad gets, I'm surprised he doesn't struggle to keep awake!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I was in bed tonight at 8:30pm - about the same as usual. Usually I sleep straight through until 5am or so.

Tonight I woke up 10:30pm - itching like hell. I must de-flea that f**king cat again. After antihistamine cream I have stopped itching - but am wide awake and still cannot sleep.

I should be tired - I jogged 4.5 miles this morning at 5am and have spent most of the day with the kids including taking them to lunch, twice to the patk and took eldest son up to MI5/MI6 to hand in his job application. And I bought a ball-bearing gun in case the burglars try to get into the house. And a baseball bat.

I am off alcohol in training for my iron man and I had sex this morning so thats it for a frew days (I am nearly 50).

Mrs BP wants me to take a sleeping pill but I hate them.

Any advice?

BTW does anyone post at this time of night. If you are lurking please pop in to say hi. And call me Wilmslow.

BP
    I have very bad sleep patterns especially when on the bench and I have no real routine (yesterday was first day of new contract and I slept like a log last night ) with me it helps not to have any clocks showing in the bedroom, if you can see the time you will clock watch all night, also leave the phone away from reach, you won't switch off if you are on p0rn hub

BTW does anyone post at this time of night. If you are lurking please pop in to say hi. And call me Wilmslow.

BP

This is way to early for membership to the CUK Insomnia Club, its usually 3am for me

Leave a comment:

• NickWallace87
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I have real problems getting to sleep and switching off in general. As I've said before, I have a Kindle which has a cover with a built in light (so it doesn't disturb the missus). I read it until I fall asleep and then it switches itself off. The other thing I do is play a card game or poker on my phone until I conk out. The objective is to clear my head so that I don't realise that I'm dropping off.
    Have to agree with this. Something that will help you relax so that your no necessarily thinking about going to sleep. Book or monotonous game on the phone always works for me.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Sleeping pills are bad. However my wife suffers from sleeplessness and was prescribed a drug normally used as an anti-depressant... but at a much lower dosage, which helps the body get to sleep but isn't actually forcing you into sleep.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I was in bed tonight at 8:30pm - about the same as usual. Usually I sleep straight through until 5am or so.

Tonight I woke up 10:30pm - itching like hell. I must de-flea that f**king cat again. After antihistamine cream I have stopped itching - but am wide awake and still cannot sleep.

I should be tired - I jogged 4.5 miles this morning at 5am and have spent most of the day with the kids including taking them to lunch, twice to the patk and took eldest son up to MI5/MI6 to hand in his job application. And I bought a ball-bearing gun in case the burglars try to get into the house. And a baseball bat.

I am off alcohol in training for my iron man and I had sex this morning so thats it for a frew days (I am nearly 50).

Mrs BP wants me to take a sleeping pill but I hate them.

Any advice?

BP
    Sleep comes easy to one who lives a pure life free from moral corruption and the sense of well being that comes from living a blameless life.

That and 10 pints of bitter should see you right!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    8.30pm.

Living the dream man.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

.. I had sex this morning ...
    Sex in the morning?! That sounds positively perverted.

Wouldn't be easier to sleep if you had it in the evening?

Then again, maybe not everyone wants to go to bed at 8:30pm. But if you pushed bedtime back to say 7:00pm, the wife could watch Eastenders over your shoulder while you did it.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Propofol.

Chamone mother ****er.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    And I bought a ball-bearing gun in case the burglars try to get into the house. And a baseball bat.
    You worry too much
    I had sex this morning so thats it for a frew days (I am nearly 50).
    Bang the missus before going to bed instead. Problem solved.

Leave a comment:

• BigTime
    replied
    Watching TV in bed works for me. I have problems getting to sleep if I have to be up early to drive to a client site and this used to work every time. I haven't had a TV in my room for a few years and this thread has reminded me of that trick, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    I'm a really light sleeper but MotoGP, much as I love it, really does the trick. Sadly that is usually on a Sunday afternoon

Sometimes at night if I am having a problem getting to sleep, I''ll just stick a music channel quietly on the TV and it usually does the trick, or maybe ask the wife how her day went.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X