• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any tips on getting to sleep?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try a beer or warm milk.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Indeed. My daughter is only 10. I thought when I was younger that one advantage of have a daughter is that when she becomes 16 she would invite all her friends round. Now I find the prospect rather weird. I suspect this is due to being old and finding attraction to women more to do with personality than looks. I look back fondly on my younger days and being able to treat women as objects rather than people.

No wonder you cant sleep if you think so much about inane things.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        No wonder you cant sleep if you think so much about inane things.
        The other day I worked out a cure for cancer and the meaning of life. But then I fell asleep and forgot them both.

Last edited by BrilloPad; 2 April 2012, 23:45.

Comment

I've got some graphs on global warming ...
          My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
            warm milk.
            Works every time

If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

I think the paracetamol is kicking in. We had no benalin left.

Cheers all

PS if I can't sleep I will get Mrs BP to do the baseball bat thingy.

Comment

Tips on getting to sleep ?

Never needed any. I never have a problem sleeping.

Oh.......hang on........

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  Tips on getting to sleep ?

Never needed any. I never have a problem sleeping.

Oh.......hang on........

Of course you might have no trouble sleeping during the day. Are you a vampire?

Comment

I find vast amounts of alcohol help me to nod off. Failing that some Diazapam(sic).
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I have real problems getting to sleep and switching off in general. As I've said before, I have a Kindle which has a cover with a built in light (so it doesn't disturb the missus). I read it until I fall asleep and then it switches itself off. The other thing I do is play a card game or poker on my phone until I conk out. The objective is to clear my head so that I don't realise that I'm dropping off.
                      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                      X