• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Can I be sacked for having nookie with a permie?"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Single, 54 year old, bald man - posing on the Internet as a girl. Seriously, I've seen the pictures, and he ain't no lady.
    Busted.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    You do realise that he'd only picked it up from The Simpsons.
    Indeed. Matt Groening's got a lawsuit out on Charlotte Bronte for breach of copyright.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Ethical considerations are your own concern and bear in mind you can be dropped from a contract or not renewed for any reason they can think of so you might never know.
    I was once seeing a fellow contractor on one contract. Perm 'team leader' suspected and told her if he thought people on the team were going out he would look to get them out of the place (bit jealous and carrying a torch apparently) he apologised for that one but he also announced in a team meet when the real manager was on hols that he thought the team should work in silence - We were laughing our heads off till we realised he was actually serious...
    That aside, main trouble came when relationship went sour, she told me I HAD to get a job somewhere else as she had been there longer - yeah right. Not a pleasant time....
    Moved onto a couple of permies in the same building but big place so easy to avoid when necessary !
    Bear in mind she will likely be looking for you to bin wifey and move in regardless of what she says now, especially when her mates get stuck into her and will likely increase pressure and take steps outside your control etc.
    Very few are going to be happy playing 'hide the sausage' for a long time while you pop back home every week. Still, good luck with it all...

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    'would you like to come up with me in the plane(he was having lessons)
    reminds me of:

Lord Flasheart: All right men, let's do-oo-oo it! The first thing to remember is: always treat your kite like you treat your woman!
    Lieutenant George: How, how do you mean, Sir? Do you mean, do you mean take her home at weekends to meet your mother?
    Lord Flasheart: No, I mean get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.
    Captain Blackadder: I'm beginning to see why the suffragette movement want the vote.
    Lord Flasheart: Hey! Any girl who wants to chain herself to *my* railings and suffer a jet movement gets *my* vote!

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    from memory K2p2 is a girl.
    Single, 54 year old, bald man - posing on the Internet as a girl. Seriously, I've seen the pictures, and he ain't no lady.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    from memory K2p2 is a hairy trucker pretending to be a girl.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    from memory K2p2 is a girl.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I knew I'd heard it somewhere before Doh!

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Don't you think a Jane Eyre reference will be well above the head of the average cretin on this site.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    He was a smooth good looking bastard, very well turned out and a little posh & I am afraid a number fell for his charm in this way and the offer of a 'would you like to come up with me in the plane...
    Er...hmmm, <cough>, does work, by the way

Got my ex-wife by that route, lost my fortunes, inevitably, but if anyone knows any millionaire octogenarians, I'm all ears (or any other body parts, including incontipants, that would help)...
    Last edited by hyperD; 1 April 2012, 22:14.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Worked for the Ministry of War many years ago. At the end of the day, two people would have to stay late to do the air raid precautions. Used to engineer the rota so I would end up on the same day as a cute bloke in the comms group. Many a snog and grope behind the filing cabinets ensued.

Reader, I married him.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post

Reader, I married him.
    Don't you think a Jane Eyre reference will be well above the head of the average cretin on this site.

The Mr Men books are about the average reading level on here and I know MF still struggles with the longer words in Mr Tickle (such as tickle).

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Worked for the MOD many years ago. At the end of the day, two people would have to stay late to do the security check. Used to engineer the rota so I would end up on the same day as a cute bloke in the comms group. Many a snog and grope behind the filing cabinets ensued.

Reader, I married him.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    At a greenfield clientco many many years ago which consisted of setting up a very new call centre and hiring mostly pretty young ladies(I was young at the time as well). One of my colleagues who was setting up the telephony system(and who was a smooth devil) would prowl the call centre for a prospective shag. Once identified he would tell them that he was trying out some new software/upgrades, that sort of crap and that he needed her to tell him about anything different/slow/quirky etc.

He was a smooth good looking bastard, very well turned out and a little posh & I am afraid a number fell for his charm in this way and the offer of a 'would you like to come up with me in the plane(he was having lessons). That hotel bedpost became quite notched. I on the other hand got stuck with one girl who eventually convinced herself she was the reincarnation of Princess Diana. I do pick 'em.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Place I worked before, the client manager for the parent company was doing the secretary of the IT director of the subsidiary co. IT director could never work out why everyone knew of his decisions and ideas before he told anyone.

I was 'friends' with a permmie o the same contract and no one was bothered, except her hubby, who was a developer. Used to love failing his code in testing and secretly thinking 'i've had your wife' at meetings

Leave a comment:

Working...
X