• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why do I always get a desk"

Collapse

• escapeUK
    replied
    It could be a lot worse, an occasional smell of a whore rather than listening to them talking non stop in a loud annoying voice all day, about what their stupid chav named children did the day before.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    You seem very sensitive. Perhaps you're not cut out for contracting?

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    3 weeks one time sans Desk, PC OR id. Had been benched for 5 months before so bailing till they sorted it was not an option.
    Spent a lot of time and money in on-site Starbucks and struggled to break that habit when the kit finally arrived....

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    It could be worse, you could have worked at this IT deparment
    Ewwwwwwwwww...

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Just be glad you got a desk. At my second contract they didn't get me a desk until the third week, and then I had to stand there watching the project manager unpack it, try to decipher the instructions, and assemble the damn thing

I was quite pleased that they managed to get a computer to go with it just before I headed back to my hotel at teatime

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
    They're spraying perfume coz they think you smell of poo but don't want to tell you...

Tone
    So now the place stinks of poo and their foul bodyspray - errghhh.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    It could be worse, you could have worked at this IT deparment

Leave a comment:

• Sands of Time
    replied
    They're spraying perfume coz they think you smell of poo but don't want to tell you...

Tone

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    at clientco near the blinkin annoying women who around this time of day emerge from the bogs reeking of the foul stench of a Bratislavan Chemical factory, having emptied half a can of that special body spray that smells like a cross between formaldehyde and fly spray all over their fetid bodies?

And whilst we are about it, what twunt made saying "bye" the absolute maximum number of times at the end of a phone call into a flipin compulsory contest?
    Hi.

Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...

You still here?

Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...
    Bye...

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    The missus does that, it must be a woman's thing. Men start a conversation with a grunt and end with a grunt. REAL MEN say nothing in between. (Unless it's a grunt)
    I know some guys (pimps) who do that as well and or some reason their voice goes up an octave when they do it.

I find the women who do the same bleedin' irritating.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    saying "bye" the absolute maximum number of times at the end of a phone call
    The missus does that, it must be a woman's thing. Men start a conversation with a grunt and end with a grunt. REAL MEN say nothing in between. (Unless it's a grunt)

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    I may be a fella, but even I can tell you're upset about something. Have you got the decorators in?
    All I can hear is 'blah blah blah, smell, blah blah blah, toilet lid up'

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    at clientco near the blinkin annoying women who around this time of day emerge from the bogs reeking of the foul stench of a Bratislavan Chemical factory, having emptied half a can of that special body spray that smells like a cross between formaldehyde and fly spray all over their fetid bodies?

And whilst we are about it, what twunt made saying "bye" the absolute maximum number of times at the end of a phone call into a flipin compulsory contest?
    I may be a fella, but even I can tell you're upset about something. Have you got the decorators in?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    started a topic Why do I always get a desk

Why do I always get a desk

Working...
X