• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Did you have a nice weekend?"

Collapse

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Yes thanks, just got back from a brilliant weekend in Cornwall!

Friday, nice drive down stopped off at St Ives plus had dinner at a decent restaurant in Mousehole.

Saturday, did the cliff walk from Lamorna Cove to Mousehole, then visited Penzance and Newlyn to buy some fresh monkfish and scallops. Back to the cottage to cook.

Sunday, went to St Michael's Mount, some lovely beaches and did some more walking. Had dinner cooked in for us by a local celeb chef.

Monday came home via the Eden Project and a late lunch of fresh crab and whitebait in Mevagissey.

Just a brilliant weekend, the sun shone - Britain at it's best.

Leave a comment:

• Sands of Time
    replied
    Saturday...

MK - > Euston -> Embankment walked to Westminster Pier

Boat to Greenwich

Pub - Meridian?? Beerz

Greenwich Market

Greenwich Park

Cutty Sark closed

Cutty Sark DLR - > Bank -> Euston

Virgin Lounge for tea and biscuits -> MK

M&S food -> Home -> more beerz

I seem to have a sunburnt head

Tone

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I thought you said they were cannabis?
    Did I miss the quotes around Chilli? Apologies

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    It was lovely, thanks for asking.

Went for a bit of a nosey around town on Sat.

Went to a Christening Sunday morning not realising that the town it was in had more than one church (google didn't know either). Invite said 11:30 and so arrived promptly at 11:25 despite getting lost and having to ask a policelady. Enquired in the church and yes there was a chirstening about to start, fortunatley decided to double check the name of the family. FOOK. mad dash down the hill and round the corner to the correct church where by sheer good luck my mate was stood outside on the pavement. I didn't even know there was a church there.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
    my chilli plants, which have been wintering, are already in flower....
    I thought you said they were cannabis?

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    There's something odd, 21 degrees in March, a whole week of it, and my chilli plants, which have been wintering, are already in flower....

I remember last may being wonderful, we took a week out and it was cracking, whence followed about 6 weeks of tulip weather. Thinking of gambling a week on this...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
    Thinking of having a week off and enjoying an even earlier summer than normal, as the rest is bound to be tulip.
    I have been thinking the same thing. Last few summers have not been great. Though wasn't last Autumn amazing?

The place I went for a picnic, we were there 5 months ago (mid November).

I suppose its global warming!

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    Nice day out in the park with middle and young daughters on Sat, eldest on sleep over.

Great paddle out into the channel on Sun and then swim with the kids.

Magic.

Thinking of having a week off and enjoying an even earlier summer than normal, as the rest is bound to be tulip.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Great Sunday in Tatton Park. The weather was perfect - not too hot and not too cold. Cycled with Mrs NWMP and Baby NWMP. Then joined some friends for a BBQ in the same park. Awesome. Place was packed.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Why not use the duff Graphics Card as an excure to upgrade?
    Upgrade? Its a Nvidia 570GTX already, plenty fast enough when its working. Only 2 options really, 580 or 590 and the 590 is like £600-£700, so no VFM there.

May consider the 580 if I end up getting a credit note from them.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Did you have a nice weekend?
    Yes thanks to Fernando Alonso.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Breakfast, Smoke, Couple of episode of Spartacus - Blood and sand.
    Lunch, Smoke, Few more episodes of Spartacus
    Tea, Smoke, Finish the series of Spartacus.

Oh yeah and somewhere in between all that I put on a couple of loads of washing, tidied and cleaned the kitchen and hoovered a bit.

Sunday, I woke at "8" to find it was 9 and had missed all of Match of the Day. Popped to Tesco. Put on a Gammon for lunch, peeled spuds etc. Chilled for the rest of the day.

Wife is away for the week, and my graphics card is still not back from the Scan. Grrrrr!!
    Why not use the duff Graphics Card as an excure to upgrade?

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Breakfast, Smoke, Couple of episode of Spartacus - Blood and sand.
    Lunch, Smoke, Few more episodes of Spartacus
    Tea, Smoke, Finish the series of Spartacus.

Oh yeah and somewhere in between all that I put on a couple of loads of washing, tidied and cleaned the kitchen and hoovered a bit.

Sunday, I woke at "8" to find it was 9 and had missed all of Match of the Day. Popped to Tesco. Put on a Gammon for lunch, peeled spuds etc. Chilled for the rest of the day.

Wife is away for the week, and my graphics card is still not back from the Scan. Grrrrr!!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Personally I went to see a mate Friday night, then took baby bp to the zoo (Howletts) on Saturday. Saturday night was my daughter's sleepover - five 10 year old girls in the house . Baby bp loved it, elder son hated it(though letting him watch hangover2 placated him a little). Sunday went for a picnic at Leeds Castle. Last night we watched avatar.
    Saturday we went for a walk around Reeth on Saturday after a pub lunch without children.

Sunday pottered around the house and ran a few errands including washing the car. it will be dirty again by next weekend.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Personally I went to see a mate Friday night, then took baby bp to the zoo (Howletts) on Saturday. Saturday night was my daughter's sleepover - five 10 year old girls in the house . Baby bp loved it, elder son hated it(though letting him watch hangover2 placated him a little). Sunday went for a picnic at Leeds Castle. Last night we watched avatar.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X