• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did you have a nice weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's something odd, 21 degrees in March, a whole week of it, and my chilli plants, which have been wintering, are already in flower....

I remember last may being wonderful, we took a week out and it was cracking, whence followed about 6 weeks of tulip weather. Thinking of gambling a week on this...

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
      my chilli plants, which have been wintering, are already in flower....
      I thought you said they were cannabis?

Comment

It was lovely, thanks for asking.

Went for a bit of a nosey around town on Sat.

Went to a Christening Sunday morning not realising that the town it was in had more than one church (google didn't know either). Invite said 11:30 and so arrived promptly at 11:25 despite getting lost and having to ask a policelady. Enquired in the church and yes there was a chirstening about to start, fortunatley decided to double check the name of the family. FOOK. mad dash down the hill and round the corner to the correct church where by sheer good luck my mate was stood outside on the pavement. I didn't even know there was a church there.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I thought you said they were cannabis?
          Did I miss the quotes around Chilli? Apologies

Comment

Saturday...

MK - > Euston -> Embankment walked to Westminster Pier

Boat to Greenwich

Pub - Meridian?? Beerz

Greenwich Market

Greenwich Park

Cutty Sark closed

Cutty Sark DLR - > Bank -> Euston

Virgin Lounge for tea and biscuits -> MK

M&S food -> Home -> more beerz

I seem to have a sunburnt head

Tone

Comment

Yes thanks, just got back from a brilliant weekend in Cornwall!

Friday, nice drive down stopped off at St Ives plus had dinner at a decent restaurant in Mousehole.

Saturday, did the cliff walk from Lamorna Cove to Mousehole, then visited Penzance and Newlyn to buy some fresh monkfish and scallops. Back to the cottage to cook.

Sunday, went to St Michael's Mount, some lovely beaches and did some more walking. Had dinner cooked in for us by a local celeb chef.

Monday came home via the Eden Project and a late lunch of fresh crab and whitebait in Mevagissey.

Just a brilliant weekend, the sun shone - Britain at it's best.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
              X