• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: You win

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "You win"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Yeah right.

the last time I took a big dose of folic acid and vitamin E,
    Within 2 days, all the hair had grown back on my baldy patch, and I was was walking around sporting a permenant massive boner for 2 WEEKS

mind you, on reflection, I think I dreamed it
    No, I can back you up, I was there.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Liver failure after 4 days of waiting for a liver transplant. As bp said above its a thoroughly unpleasant way to kill yourself
    There are some nasty plants about too - The same thing would happen if you ate more than about one Amanita mushroom (Amanita Phalloides specifically).

Dozens of Vietnamese die each year in the US after eating those, because they're apparently almost identical to an edible species found in Vietnam.

I survived the “Destroying Angel”

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    I meet Suity once and quite liked him. Sorry to hear he's having issues.
    Get well soon sweetie

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Liver failure after 4 days of waiting for a liver transplant. As bp said above its a thoroughly unpleasant way to kill yourself

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    paracetomol wont kill you directly. you will die in pain about 2 weeks later of kidney/liver failure. by which time you will have changed your mind.
    BBC News - Paracetamol death: Desiree Phillips died after taking too many, inquest told

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    If you change your mind, you'll need to take a shedload of methionine

So to get rid of that you'll need a big dose of folic acid and vitamin E.
    Yeah right.

the last time I took a big dose of folic acid and vitamin E,
    Within 2 days, all the hair had grown back on my baldy patch, and I was was walking around sporting a permenant massive boner for 2 WEEKS

mind you, on reflection, I think I dreamed it

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    If you change your mind, you'll need to take a shedload of methionine to counteract the effects.

But will that will convert to homocysteine, which can cause heart problems and increase the risk of dementia.

Wouldn't it be more sensible to skip straight to the vitamins and get an early night?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

paracetomol wont kill you directly. you will die in pain about 2 weeks later of kidney/liver failure. by which time you will have changed your mind.
    If you change your mind, you'll need to take a shedload of methionine to counteract the effects.

But will that will convert to homocysteine, which can cause heart problems and increase the risk of dementia.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    WHS. Like Quentin Crisp needing a poo.
    Your snack of choice.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Suity does not flounce. He strides majestically.
    WHS. Like Quentin Crisp needing a poo.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Did he flounce or what? CBA to read whole thread.
    Suity does not flounce. He strides majestically.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Did he flounce or what? CBA to read whole thread.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    WBPS. I've seen people do that and even a mild accidental overdose is thoroughly unpleasant.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    WHS. But if you need to pop down to the chemists to buy pills for an overdose, remember you need at least 10 packets of paracetemol & the staff are only allowed to sell you two packets. Come back and PM us and we'll have a whip round.

In always helpful mode.

MF

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Actually I am back here but only to say take some time off and get some proper sleep and no alcohol.

That will make the world look like a lot better place and will allow you to see the bits you need to work on and the bits you should simply be ignoring.

But I know the pain when agile methodology means we can have everything NOW.
    WHS. But if you need to pop down to the chemists to buy pills for an overdose, remember you need at least 10 packets of paracetemol & the staff are only allowed to sell you two packets. Come back and PM us and we'll have a whip round.

In always helpful mode.

MF

Leave a comment:

Working...
X