• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Has anyone hired a castle/stately home for a do?"

Collapse

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Didn't SY have a 'friend' who hired out a place in cheshire ? Im sure that will be fine.

Maybe SY will get his mate to do MF a special rate.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Sleeps 13 (unlucky for some).

http://www.landmarktrust.org.uk/Buil...rgunnock_House
    Last edited by eek; 4 March 2012, 23:28.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    The Landmark Trust | Fort Clonque

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    This looked good. Not sure they allow Muggles.

And EternalOptimists suggestion has some promise.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Peckforton Castle

Went the other week. Fabulous.
    Can they do the white doves and the falcons at the same time?

Would liven up the afternoon no end.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Peckforton Castle

Went the other week. Fabulous.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Got married here last year

Northbrook Park | Wedding in Surrey | Hampshire Wedding Venues

Exclusive county house venue, no corkage, on site accommodation, can use any catering you want, reasonably priced. Was a great success.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    you imply that he has no friends

so who will chain him to a lampost in Blackpool, strip him naked, paint him blue all over, shave one of his eyebrows off, sh!t on his head and whazz him with a cattle prod ?
    sasguru will hire someone to do all of that.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    What exactly are volumteers?
    they are like eeks who haven't yet had their swedes kicked in although it's only a matter of time

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

so who will chain him to a lampost in Blackpool, strip him naked, paint him blue all over, shave one of his eyebrows off, sh!t on his head and whazz him with a cattle prod ?

maybe we should ask for volumteers. I can afford the cattle prod, even if I cant make the do
    What exactly are volumteers?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    This looks reasonable Oxon Hoath

£3500 for the hall another £3000 for the food and £4000 to stay overnight but your guests may pay some of that bit.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    My guess is 12 family.

maybe we should ask for volumteers. I can afford the cattle prod, even if I cant make the do

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    My guess is 12 family.
    MF, wife and her 10 close relatives.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I know however that (soon to be) Mrs MF seems to want the big family do with all the trimmings.
    I went to the pub with my future FIL. After a few beers we were both agreed. Small, modest & close family was the way forward.

After Mrs MF and the MIL went for a drink. Huge, extravagant and anyone they'd ever met for more than 5 minutes was the way forward.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    11 family plus sasguru?

He told me he's busy I'm afraid.
    My guess is 12 family.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X