• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Crisis on the Home Front!"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Thank you for your application for the position of Mrs SB04. Due to the unprecedented demand for this position we will be hosting a series of group application sessions. These will consist of a series of team tasks where you will be expected to demonstrate your ability to work within a small group of 2-3 other applicants.
    Your ability to show initiative, imagination, the willingness to go the extra inch and work both above and below your colleagues will be measured.
    You forgot:

Please include in your reply the names of two persons who will be willing to provide references.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    He has broken up with her more times than ...
    Answers the question. He should NOT marry her.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
    My dad proposed as a joke 36 years ago. Do not joke about these things, or risk bringing horrible things like me into this world
    What it said

Leave a comment:

• JoJoGabor
    replied
    My dad proposed as a joke 36 years ago. Do not joke about these things, or risk bringing horrible things like me into this world

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I suppose I could always get him to suggest that his Dad wants to "vet her application" robustly.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Say yes, he can always divorce if it doesn't work out. Maybe no kids for the first few years though.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Thank you for your application for the position of Mrs SB04. Due to the unprecedented demand for this position we will be hosting a series of group application sessions. These will consist of a series of team tasks where you will be expected to demonstrate your ability to work within a small group of 2-3 other applicants.
    Your ability to show initiative, imagination, the willingness to go the extra inch and work both above and below your colleagues will be measured.

Leave a comment:

• Goatfell
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    better still get one of your son's mates (if she has their number) to reply. That will suitable confuse and freak her out.
    better still, reply yourself, that really will freak her out (though you did say she was a looker, so....)

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    better still get one of your son's mates (if she has their number) to reply. That will suitable confuse and freak her out.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    In that case he should reply "yes" to call her bluff...
    wks

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    He is treating it as the joke he assumes it is.
    FWIW she is quite a looker, but as mad as a box of frogs.
    I also suspect she knew there would be no affirmative reply long before she sent the text too.
    In that case he should reply "yes" to call her bluff...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    He is treating it as the joke he assumes it is.
    FWIW she is quite a looker, but as mad as a box of frogs.
    I also suspect she knew there would be no affirmative reply long before she sent the text too.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    29th February... the only day when a man does not want to see a woman on her knees in front of him.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Tell your son that his girlfriend is a sh!t shag and he can do better!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Reply with, "Text not sent, insufficient credit"

Then cancel phone quick.
    Throw phone out of a moving car (or better still cross-channel ferry)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X