• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wipro boss Azim Premji to train UK students in Bangalore"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Mr Premji employs around 3,500 people in the UK, of which around a quarter are British. "They can be impoverished with the training," he said.

A more honest statement

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Sid View Post
    ...and sleep next to the radiator so that you don't have to buy a duvet, and eat langad for free in the local gurudwara.. We British should learn something from the desis ....apparently Steve jobs survived by eating for free at the local hare krishna temple during his uni days.

Jobs: “I didn’t have a dorm room, so I slept on the floor in friends’ rooms, I returned Coke bottles for the 5-cent deposits to buy food with, and I would walk the seven miles across town every Sunday night to get one good meal a week at the Hare Krishna temple. I loved it.”
    And look what happened to him

Leave a comment:

• Sid
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Mr Premji employs around 3,500 people in the UK, of which around a quarter are British. "This can be improved with the training," he said.

What is he going to do? teach them to live ten to a room in Southall and survive on £10 week?
    ...and sleep next to the radiator so that you don't have to buy a duvet, and eat langad for free in the local gurudwara.. We British should learn something from the desis ....apparently Steve jobs survived by eating for free at the local hare krishna temple during his uni days.

Jobs: “I didn’t have a dorm room, so I slept on the floor in friends’ rooms, I returned Coke bottles for the 5-cent deposits to buy food with, and I would walk the seven miles across town every Sunday night to get one good meal a week at the Hare Krishna temple. I loved it.”

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Possibly a cynical comment that 'ethnic minority' of a quarter I wonder if they are just long term employees granted citizenship?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post

Mr Premji employs around 3,500 people in the UK, of which around a quarter are British. "This can be improved with the training," he said.

What is he going to do? teach them to live ten to a room in Southall and survive on £10 week?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
    Very clever imo. Drag down the standard of UK IT graduates so the incompetent Indians dont look so bad. Levels the playing field

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    WHS

Google will be ripe for the taking in a matter of years...
    I predict they are going to fizzle.

I just don't know when...

Leave a comment:

• JoJoGabor
    replied
    Very clever imo. Drag down the standard of UK IT graduates so the incompetent Indians dont look so bad. Levels the playing field

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Sid View Post
    Apparently in this case, France won the contract over UK by being the "cheapest" bidder. Others try to sell things cheap as well. The PM is unhappy about this decision to choose the lowest bidder.
    The French may be able do it with plenty cheapness but can they do it with much quickness?

Leave a comment:

• Sid
    replied
    about cheap contractors and cheap warplanes

Apparently in this case, France won the contract over UK by being the "cheapest" bidder. Others try to sell things cheap as well. The PM is unhappy about this decision to choose the lowest bidder.

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    This is so funny it's not funny
    That's so right it's not funny

Trouble is, our stupid government will buy it. BTW that's a party-independent observation.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Day 6. please be providing more informations.

Day 7. The Doings match the specifications you sending us (the number 13 specifications saying 'go boil your head').

Day 8. The doings you asked - creating users, fixing printer drive are being outside your maintenance agreements please agree variation £10,000 per item.

Day 9. Sellings of contracts :- wording should include supporting of Exchange 2020. Oracle 20G, NASA moon landings..

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I was just thinking that he'd missed out the course on "reverting".

It's always struck me as ironic that although they use the word "revert" incorrectly we still end up doing a lot of reverting to fix the mess they've made.
    I thought that was what they meant.

"I've done the needful" = my changes are in SVN

"Revert back in case of any discrepancy" = revert my changes when they (inevitably) break the build

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post

This post definitely delivers the needful.

Please revert back in case of any discrepancy.
    I was just thinking that he'd missed out the course on "reverting".

It's always struck me as ironic that although they use the word "revert" incorrectly we still end up doing a lot of reverting to fix the mess they've made.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    WHS

Google will be ripe for the taking in a matter of years...

Go get em Tiger

Leave a comment:

Working...
X